Thread: CIPC website change - CoR39

Thanks

CIPC website change - CoR39

So we're at it again. The CIPC fixed something that wasn't broken, again.

Anybody tried to add or remove directors lately? As I understand it has to be done electronically as all manual CoR39's submitted during the time of the website change have been discarded. However, the website is not functioning, you cannot enter new directors' appointment dates and I believe the same will be for entering resignation dates. The new website does not offer a channel of communication to the CIPC to alert them to the problem and as we all know, phoning them is not an option, CIPC do not answer phones.

Any suggestions? Perhaps I've overlooked something.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Beancounter. I have found that most of the issues go away after hours, which implies that they are bandwidth "challenged". Functionality is much better between 22:00 and 06:00

I also swap between browsers, so most things I end up trying 3 times and ultimately get it done.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Beancounter (15-Oct-14)

Thanks
    Sounds like a Guvmint Dept thing....

Eskom have asked their clients to register for emailed accounts to overcome the problems with no mail deliveries.

I have tried to convert on their web site for 2 solid weeks now.

One of two error messages appear:

"Kana Enterprises - Sorry we have experienced a temporary problem" (Now lasting two weeks?????)

"Kana Enterprises - our server is too busy now - please try later"

They can't give power, and their computer system is non-functional.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Phil,

I remember getting an SMS or phone call which required me to send an email to register for electronic invoice. I can not remember now as it was some time back. Anyway accompanying my electronic invoice is this message, give them a call it may help.
    If you require any Technical assistance with the process, please contact the Eskom call centre as indicated on your printed bill or phone the National Eskom ShareCall Number, 08600 37 566 / 08600ESKOM
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    OK found the email

23/6/2014
    email address: Eskom Electronic Invoice <eskom.electronicinvoice@eskom-info.co.za>

Dear Sir/Madam,
    As a customer who is receiving your account via post, we would like to offer you the convenient and efficient way of receiving your bill via email.
    To receive your statements via email, you don’t have to do a thing! Your e-statement will automatically be emailed to this email address. After three (3) months you will no longer receive your bill via post.
    If you prefer not to receive your statements via email, simply respond to this email with the subject line reading “ Receive Account via Post” with your account number. If you would like to receive your statement at a different email address to this one, please reply to this mail with the new email address and your account number.
    E-statements are more secure than regular post, and they make managing your accounts so much easier by:
    • Save time: Save your e-statements electronically – and if you have a query or need information, you have it readily available.
    • Save paper…save our trees: By opting to receive your statement via email, you will be doing your bit to save the environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
    Kind regards

Marion Hughes
    General Manager – Customer Service Operations
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    We popped into the Telkom shop about 2 weeks ago and asked about it and they made the adjustment on their system while we waited. Yesterday it arrived via email no hassles!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    I also swap between browsers, so most things I end up trying 3 times and ultimately get it done.
    Thanks Clive, I tried Chrome and it worked! Seems Internet Explorer is the problem and not CIPC.

PS. Now for the next challenge, I received an electronic CoR39 with blocks for all directors to sign but at the bottom of the form it says NB: Only one director should sign the COR39 form. So I'm gonna have one director sign the form. I presume the other blocks are provided to accommodate any director who is going to sign?

Further, on the CIPC website instructions are given for the lodgement and the last bullet point says "An authorised directors of the company, as well as the customer who logged in with his/her customer code must sign the document." Where on earth do I as customer sign? I can't see any space provided on the CoR39 for the customer to sign.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    PS. Now for the next challenge, I received an electronic CoR39 with blocks for all directors to sign but at the bottom of the form it says NB: Only one director should sign the COR39 form. So I'm gonna have one director sign the form. I presume the other blocks are provided to accommodate any director who is going to sign?
    Whomever is the authorising director should sign

as well as the customer who logged in with his/her customer code must sign the document." Where on earth do I as customer sign? I can't see any space provided on the CoR39 for the customer to sign.
    Just write your name and customer code and sign at the bottom. I must admit though that I never have. Perhaps it's a new thing.

Thanks
    Last week we hosted Astrid Ludin on Candid Conversations. She is the CIPC Commissioner and spent about an hour answering questions on the new systems introduced by the CIPC.

Perhaps you joined the show too and would have seen that she is aiming to engage and offer advice where she can.

The questions were pointed and after the event we got many emails and Facebook messages of business people who are frustrated by the lack of responsiveness of the new system or by them experiencing delays in getting their processes completed. Others were commending the Commissioner for making herself available through this show.

The good news is that the Commissioner will keep at it, offering answers through the second of our shows tomorrow eve (Tuesday).

We also bring practitioners on to the show, who are using the system every day, to give tips and help the discussion along.

Click the link below to get your link to the Online Radio Show:
    www.SmallBusinessConnect.co.za/CIPC

The event will be for an hour from 7pm and you'll have the chance to pose your questions too.

Best wishes

Herman Tefo
    SBC Online Radio Host
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager