Thread: Your Journey to Google's First Page

Thanks

Your Journey to Google's First Page

Hello forumites,

I have been designing small company websites for years and usually do some basic SEO for clients. I'm currently focusing strongly on a relatively new website of my own (You can view it here).

For those with websites, I'm interested to hear about your journey from a fresh new website to a possible 1st page ranking on Google. I'm aware that there are millions of SEO articles out there but I like hearing from fellow South Africans about their trials and errors in the online world.

Thanks
    I'm no S.E.O Expert, more into the Blogging side of things and Engagement on Social Media. However, I recently tried a simple tactic I came across. I learned how to use hash-tags effectively and to my surprise, some of my Google+ Posts popped up on Google Page 1 in a few days! I targeted the hash-tags, or keywords - affiliate marketing - internet marketing and posted very specific relevant content. I learned about the hash-tags here - https://www.hashtags.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deon Christie View Post
    I'm no S.E.O Expert, more into the Blogging side of things and Engagement on Social Media. However, I recently tried a simple tactic I came across. I learned how to use hash-tags effectively and to my surprise, some of my Google+ Posts popped up on Google Page 1 in a few days! I targeted the hash-tags, or keywords - affiliate marketing - internet marketing and posted very specific relevant content. I learned about the hash-tags here - https://www.hashtags.org
    Interesting stuff. I will look into this. Thanks!

Thanks
    Hi, I think you have to wait some time before any visibility in google search result page. Because your fresh website goes in Google sandbox for some time, your website will not show in Google search result page after getting indexed in Google and Google’s first page journey is not easy in Google panda and penguin era.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thank you