Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Freedom for all in 1994 - Are we all really free?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    So my suspicion that all the comments posted are not what the respondents "really" would like to say is confirmed, as they are trying to be politically correct and am I correct in saying "their comments are not truthful.
    I do not agree with this statement. If you read the posts on this forum you will soon notice that we have a pretty mixed bunch here and not shy to speak our minds. yes, we do tend to be "politically correct" in order not to offend people. We can also stir it up if the situation calls for it and then (sometimes) have to apologize.

I have to agree with Adrian though; the world owes you nothing! You are the result of the choices you make in life. If you do not like your life, start making different choices. Yes, it is harder for white males to get jobs these days, just as we had job reservation under apartheid which made it harder for black people to get jobs. This should however, not deter you from making the most of what you can be. I know of many white and black people who have risen above their circumstances, be it poverty, lack of education, disabilities or whatever. The secret is not to place your future in someone else's hands, but to be master of your own destiny.

So many people sit and wait on the roadside for someone to pick them up and give them a job for the day. This is a total waste of time as you will only find a temporary job that no-one else wants. Educate yourself and acquire skills that you can sell. There is always a demand for skilled people. Never stop learning!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blurock, I would love to meet you. I would like to show you what I have achieved in my life. I do not require a job from anyone as I have decided to start my own venture as I mentioned before. Yes, there was a time that I thought that I would have to work for a "Boss". You and I have shared some private mails & calls so you probably know me a little better than the rest.

It is not in my nature to boast but I can thankfully say that I do not owe anyone for my house, vehicles & motorcycles.

So, I have never waited for anyone in my life, but not everyone has the ability to be self employed. Have you ever spared a thought for those that are employed and those who can easily be left out in the cold.

I can see that so many that have commented on my threads have tried to "analyse" me and place me in a bracket or group that they think I fit into, All I can say is that you'll be surprised.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a quick reminder that we should be playing the ball and not the man, folks. I see some assumptions in play here that aren't helping any.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Blurock, I would love to meet you. I would like to show you what I have achieved in my life
    I can see that so many that have commented on my threads have tried to "analyse" me
    Jan - with all due respects but if I may ask and I ask this as a general question as if I am asking myself as well - Do other people really care what a person has achieved and do you think that people really analyse other people on a forum ? Or do they perhaps just comment on what they think about a thread that one posts ?
    The same goes for everyone on this forum - not many people know what other people have "achieved" or not achieved and at the end of the day they don't really care. And again I say this with respect - I do not mean it in a derogatory way at all. What one person has done or where they have travelled for example means absolutely nothing to the next person who might believe that their achievements are different and therefore better !

When it has come to some of your postings - opinions are given by people (including myself) - some of the opinions should be accepted because they have been given by qualified professional people etc etc. or by people that have extensive years experience in their field. Personally I try to stay away from giving an opinion where I know absolutely nothing about.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blurock, great post that & that statement "NEVER stop learning" . In this age one is left with no alternative, & so when my kids (+mid twenties) say that they're tired of studying, i say to them that they're learning all the time without actually realising it.

Ever since we've had internet, i've used outlook express for e-mails, and after falling a victim to crime and having my computer stolen, & loosing all my old mails & having those b.....ds reading all, i've changed to a gmail account and learning new ways of using this (with some difficulty i must admit)

What i would like to learn most is how to laugh. I never watch a comedy movie, nor can i get myself to watch one.

Thank you,guys,for listening to my most mundane post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    What i would like to learn most is how to laugh.
    Try popping past the Jokes Forum from time to time
    It's one of my go-to resources whenever I feel the need to lift my spirits.

And I've found it's important to be in good spirits too. There's little doubt that "attitude determines your altitude", and being in good cheer is a great way to drive a positive attitude.

Thanks
    Enjoy a little bit of Johnny Walker good spirits and you will see yourself laugh easier and often!

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Real freedom is anarchy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Recipe for happiness with credit to Max Moyo:
    Positive energy can move mountains. What are you enthusiastic about?

The root of the word enthusiasm is entheos. It literally means "God Within." Just think, when you feel enthusiastic about your dreams it means that God is speaking through you and saying "yes" to your goals! The feeling of enthusiasm is one of the ways your intuition speaks to you. What makes you excited, happy, delighted? What do you look forward to each day? Do more of it!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345