Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Freedom for all in 1994 - Are we all really free?

Thanks
    HR, I have 25+ years production management experience with a national diploma in production and cost accounting (accredited), Production Management Diploma with PMISA. NOSA qualifications, certified in Employment Equity compliant recruitment and selection, artisan in the trade of welding, design my own machines, etc.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just as a matter of interest - are they telling you diploma.s are not good enough ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Just as a matter of interest - are they telling you diploma.s are not good enough ?
    No, they do not. They usually respond by letter or e-mail that the position will either not be filled or I am "over" qualified, or they are seeking a "younger" person. All the info is available in my CV but why let me go for the interview if I do not have a chance of filling the position. I was told that some recruitment companies send many "candidates" of different races as this makes the agencies "look" good.

Just remember that not all applicants have degrees. I have worked with many such colleagues and they do need some assistance from time to time as they lack practical experience in the field.
    But I've made peace with the situation and started my own venture.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I was told that some recruitment companies send many "candidates" of different races as this makes the agencies "look" good.
    We send 5 candidates to a client for a position, after interviewing ALL of them, therefore all will be suitable. The 5 are of different races and obviously you have
    some stronger than others. It is not a matter of making us "look good" - it is a matter of - we give our client the choice to choose which candidate HE would like.
    We are not looking good in anyones eyes. It is the correct way of doing things !

ust remember that not all applicants have degrees.
    Of course not, but it is up to the client to decide who he wants and who is better suitable for the job.

But I've made peace with the situation and started my own venture.
    I hope it works out for you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    We send 5 candidates to a client for a position, after interviewing ALL of them, therefore all will be suitable. The 5 are of different races and obviously you have
    some stronger than others. It is not a matter of making us "look good" - it is a matter of - we give our client the choice to choose which candidate HE would like.
    We are not looking good in anyones eyes. It is the correct way of doing things !

Of course not, but it is up to the client to decide who he wants and who is better suitable for the job.

I hope it works out for you
    Thanks for the well wishes. I was informed by an agency that they send different races for an interview so that they look good. I am not saying that all do this.

But we all know, that all businesses do not always practice what they preach or claim to be.

Thanks
    HR, during our correspondence we have agreed to disagree as you commented. I would like to see other recruiting agencies comments. I wonder why you are the only one commenting.

Thanks
    Any comments regarding companies, directors being politically correct?

Thanks
    Someone who claims to be a victim are usually those who are waiting for hand outs (as many do) and are too lazy to change their life around.

Thanks
    It seems that the comments about being politically correct are not forthcoming. Wonder why?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    Any comments regarding companies, directors being politically correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    It seems that the comments about being politically correct are not forthcoming. Wonder why?
    Because at the moment companies and company directors are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Ordinarily companies and their representatives should not risk offending anyone. Part of that is to steer clear of politics and politically sensitive issues (i.e. preferably say nothing at all, and if you have to say something, be as politically correct as possible).

Gets a bit tricky when being politically correct can be offensive to some, though.

11. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (28-Sep-14)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast