Thread: Cannot add my organizations tax types

Thanks

Cannot add my organizations tax types

Hi everyone, I am a first time efiling user and need some help. When trying to add my company's tax types I receive an error:
    "Reference exists for another taxpayer. You may request this reference number from the holding tax user by using the 'Request Tax Types' menu item on the lef"

However, I see no such menu item anywhere.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    It means those tax matters exist on someone's profile, possibly a previous practitioner.

Click on Organisation at the top menu.

Then on the left, click on Request Tax Types ... it is under the Organisation menu on the left.

Efiling will send that person a message requesting him to accede to the transfer request. If the request is ignored, you will after 5 days (I think) be able to do a tax payer override.

Thanks
    Am I blind or is there a secret menu that beginners can't see?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scr.JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	4907

Thanks
    Have you given yourself full access to everything? Some users have limited access.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

5. Thanks given for this post:

CLIVE-TRIANGLE (25-Aug-14)

Thanks
    Ok I think the problem is the full access thing. But before I go further let me ask this: If I do the Request will it remove access from the current tax practitioner exclusively to myself?

I should have given some background info first: Our tax practitioner is very lazy and we pay about R30,000 to R50,000 every year for penalties and late fees. So basically we want to go on efiling to check how difficult it is to do it ourselves. But I don't want to transfer all of the workload to myself just yet! Just want to test the water for now...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    You can transfer whichever numbers you wish, with a few little issues. For example Income Tax and IT Admin Penalty must go together...
    It can also be transferred back easily. For example, I am attending to a client from 2013 onwards, while someone else is still attending to objections and appeals iro 2012 and prior. We transfer the profile backwards and forwards as needed.

As for your tax fellow, perhaps you should revise your engagement letter

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.anderson View Post
    I should have given some background info first: Our tax practitioner is very lazy and we pay about R30,000 to R50,000 every year for penalties and late fees. So basically we want to go on efiling to check how difficult it is to do it ourselves. But I don't want to transfer all of the workload to myself just yet! Just want to test the water for now...
    If you request a transfer, the tax practitioner holding the tax types will receive the request as Clive mentioned above and will have to authorise the move. The tax type will be removed from the practitioner's profile and you will assume full responsibility for the taxes. If you are capable of handling it, go for it. Otherwise appoint a new accountant.