Quote Originally Posted by dsd View Post
Is there any limitation on the price that will be charged for the STOP sms?
Jippi as far as I know charge R10 for the STOP sms. Problem is I cannot remember signing up for their services. So I am just leaving it.

The irony is that if I see a product or service that any of these companies are willing to offer on my Cell I simply do not sign up. I am sure many others feel the same. These cellphone companies must realize this else it will effect there businesses in the long run. Or maybe there is so many cell users they recon those dumb enough to sign up make them enough money.
I went shopping at Hirsch's the other day. Along the way, collecting all the details for the invoice, they asked for my cellphone number. And I said "You're not on my list of folk who qualify for my cellphone number - You need me, call my office."
Although I am not a supporter of hellopeter I think using him as an example of the impact of this spam would be good. In his registration page he has the cellphone field down as a required field. Because of this, I am not going to register with his site and certainly not going to use his site. Despite him supposedly being a trusted company, I simply do not know him well enough!