Thread: Pastel Xpress V12 - Large Batch of Invoices

Thanks

Pastel Xpress V12 - Large Batch of Invoices

Good Day

I have a situation where I need to invoice a particular client per "item" (ie one invoice per item) - which is approximately 150 to 200 invoices per month.

Is there perhaps a way that I can make this process easier - either with a template of sorts to where I can just enter different quantities and pricing for each invoice, or perhaps a way I can make the invoices in rows in excel and just import the excel csv into pastel invoice batch?

Any advise in this regard would be most appreciated

thank you

Thanks
    Only Pastel Partner (not Xpress) has the recurring invoice facility.

However, you could construct a CSV file (which you can edit in Excel) and then import it into a tax invoice batch.

I suggest that you manually capture two or three such invoices in Pastel and then export the batch as a CSV file (insert the four characters .csv at the end of the file name), and then open the CSV file with Excel. You will then have an idea as to the layout of the CSV file, and then you can populate it with the remaining invoices and import it back into Pastel (first delete the test invoices from the CSV file, otherwise you will duplicate them).

You will notice that, in the CSV file, there is a Header line for each invoice, followed by one or more Detail lines, depending on the number of lines per invoice.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

3. Thanks given for this post:

Newretailer (15-Aug-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Only Pastel Partner (not Xpress) has the recurring invoice facility.

However, you could construct a CSV file (which you can edit in Excel) and then import it into a tax invoice batch.

I suggest that you manually capture two or three such invoices in Pastel and then export the batch as a CSV file (insert the four characters .csv at the end of the file name), and then open the CSV file with Excel. You will then have an idea as to the layout of the CSV file, and then you can populate it with the remaining invoices and import it back into Pastel (first delete the test invoices from the CSV file, otherwise you will duplicate them).

You will notice that, in the CSV file, there is a Header line for each invoice, followed by one or more Detail lines, depending on the number of lines per invoice.
    May I ask, how do you export invoices in CSV format in Pastel Xpress V12? I can't find a 'export invoices' option in the import/export file menu. I know one needs to add .csv when choosing the save location, if I could just find the correct option to export invoices...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freestanler View Post
    May I ask, how do you export invoices in CSV format in Pastel Xpress V12? I can't find a 'export invoices' option in the import/export file menu. I know one needs to add .csv when choosing the save location, if I could just find the correct option to export invoices...
    While you in the Document screen, click on the Batch button at the bottom and you will see an Export and Import option there.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

6. Thanks given for this post:

freestanler (02-Mar-16)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    While you in the Document screen, click on the Batch button at the bottom and you will see an Export and Import option there.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I am very ignorant when it comes to Pastel, I am quite the noob. Your advice let's me export that one invoice, unless I am missing something...is there a way to select a date range of invoices (or even all the invoices ever, in the programme) and export that to CSV?

Thanks
    For invoices already created and updated

Thanks
    I found how to do it , with help from Pastel Call centre. Go to PCC, create a new database based on the current Pastel database, expand the table of this new database, and go to header info, and export.

I hope I relayed that correctly, I'm in a hurry