Name:	Div 2.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	4872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Div 1.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	4871Hi Everyone

Seeking some assistance with a 'technical' error on e@syFile Dividend Desktop.

In the current version of the program, you need to verify the submitting entity's data with SARS. The problem is that when verifying the data enverything is fine, except the last two numbers of the company registration number does not correspond (The reference on SARS's side is incorrect). Also no submissions is allowed, as this only pops up an error which shows that the company registration number is incorrect.

I checked and updated the company's details and confirmed these details with SARS as correct. According to their system all the details we have, they have.

I have called SARS, but no-one can help. Have escalated the queries a few times, but almost a month later have not received any feedback. Cannot seem to get in contact with any IT guys at SARS and can't find any way to speed up the 'escalations'

One person proposed that I submit the DTR01 (entity dividend data) with the incorrect company registration number, but e@syFile Dividends Desktop does not allow this incorrect one, because it is INVALID according to the program. I don't know how they can have this reference saved somewhere on their side with it being invalid and all.

I would appreciate any, ANY, suggestions anyone may have... relevant to this matter of course

Thanks in advance

(Added some screenshots of the verification and submission screens)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe try another browser, as this is sometimes browser related due to "Java" script.
    Most companies tend to develop for Internet Explorer only, and currently it is version 10, I think. Also check that you have the latest Java plug in for the respective browser.

Sometimes information remains cached in the browser history, pressing 'F5' a couple of times flushes out this cached data.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thank you Justloadit

It is however not a browser issue as this is a standalone program similar to e@syFile Employer.

Thanks
    Try submitting on eFiling. You'll find it on the returns page under the Dividends Tax tab. Submit New Data and submit New Return.

Thanks
    Thanks Beancounter

Efiling's dividend tax submissions is supposedly limited to 20 shareholders, so I am unable to. I might be able to use the HTTPS channel, but have never attempted this before and have no idea how to submit dividend tax via this channel, as I thought this was only for IT3 submissions.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi tax$$$, did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue.

Thanks
    Hi Clive

Sorry, nothing yet. If only I can get in contact with some of the IT guys, because none of the call centre operators can assist. It seems that different databases are used for efiling and eayfile, as according to efiling/SARS everything is correct, but easyfile shows an invalid reg number.

I sent an email with screenshots as well, but haven't received any feedback. I check Easyfile Div Tax from time to time to see if they might have fixed it, but still nothing.

If you do somehow get a fix, please let me know. I will do the same.

If you haven't already, just remember to get a call reference in case they charge penalties / interest.

Thanks
    Hi Clive

I have no idea if you ever resolved the issue we shared, but it seems that they updated the dividend tax desktop. I'm assuming that the program was updated, but I also reviewed and updated as well as merge the company's details (just in case). After that I submitted the data, requested the DTR02, submitted this and sat back in my chair with my morning coffee.. thinking that it took only 6 months to finalise this..