Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter

Thanks

Kickstarter

Pmbguy suggested we need a thread about Kickstarter website.

So here it is. What I know about the site is what I have read on the site. So who has a project or idea that need funding for? Lets all explore this together.

Here is a current Biltong project in the states

Who has the ideas?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

2. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (30-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Here is a similar site Indiegogo
    There some interesting projects there.

Soap an all in one router tablet etc etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Ian, I think its great sites like these are around to give entrepreneurs exposure to investors.

Regarding Biltong

It’s a huge health-hungry US market. In this market people are inclined to try new things so biltong being different is not so much of an issue, it being different may actually be a draw. It ticks enough boxes (not all) to be considered healthy, especially in terms of the American diet (Or American jerky).

The downside is that there is no (tiny) biltong market in the US right now so you have to create the market, which may actually be an upside?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Now here is a project which I can appreciate
    Backtracker crowdfunding campaign
    I have not ridden my bicycle in years because of the other a$$holes on the road so this might get me back on my bike. I will look into this a bit more and give more feedback.

Thanks
    Since I developed type2 diabetes I have had to change my diet considerably.
    The thing that pisses me off is that even cornflakes have sugar in it so you have to be very careful of what you eat and at first everything tastes like cardboard or old manilla rope.
    The shops screw your arse off with products that are diabetes friendly and because the disease is a growing phenomenon the market is a growing one.
    In the old days (pre-diabetes) I used to love my bacon and cheese, I had bacon for breakfast and in toasted sarmies and cheese griller dogs and as bacon flavored crisps, pork rinds etc.

The other day I was having my breakfast of low fat yogurt and cornflakes (eeugh!! but what else does one eat) when for a single mouthful through some freak of flavor I imagined I was eating bacon flavored cornflakes (it was probably a particularly burned flake or something in the yogurt in the mouthful) but it was fantastic and my mind started spinning, why not 'Bacon flavored corn flakes' I mean you know the cornflakes and yogurt are good for you but bacon flavored also tastes good and why not.
    So now I am starting to think of developing a bacon flavored cornflake or yogurt (diabetic friendly, no sugar or excess fat) for starters if only to feed my own cravings, but later to sell on for profit, so who is with me?
    The first thing I need is bacon flavourant, I need to consult the spice guys.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Wynn I would buy them... Bacon is my favourite food group so I naturally think it's a great idea!

A breakfast serial eaten with milk, but can also be eaten dry, being bacon flavour and all. "Breakfast for anytime of the day" or something.

Just make it taste nice... very nice

BaconBreak
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Wynn
    This sounds like a good plan. Lets see who has contacts for flavouring.

Thanks
    I don’t have any flavour contacts, but just out of interest - Here is a lab in the US, Mother Murphy's Labs, artificial Bacon flavour - No. 007076 (Natural bacon flavour - 007077)
    http://www.foodingredientsonline.com...no-007076-0001

But can’t seem to find No 007076 on their website, but anyway http://mothermurphys.com/

Some more tasty bits

Bacon bits
    http://www.firehousepantrystore.com/...imitation.html

Bacon syrup
    http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup

Love it... “That's not a typo. We've actually bottled bacon. And it's fabulous. You'll discover what countless bacon lovers already know: there's nothing bacon can't do.”

It should not take toooo much looking to find a local supplier of artificial bacon flavour somewhere in SA, perhaps testing powdered flavour to begin with if you go the artificial route.

What would happen if you smoke normal cornflakes with bacon?

Thanks
    Well now here is The Essence of Bacon Kickstarter

We are trying to capture THE ESSENCE OF BACON.

After trying many "Bacon Flavored" products I was left very dissatisfied due to the lack of true bacon flavor. I wondered where these products went wrong. I then started to experiment on my own to capture what I call the ESSENCE OF BACON, and then impart that essence on to other foods. I can't go in to the total process that I have worked out but in short I have been able to identify and isolate the chemical molecule that gives bacon it's flavor. I was then able to impart this into another product (in my trials I used Tofu) which have brought 5 out of 5 stars on all the reviews that I have had so far. I am now ready to move on to the next stage which requires bigger and better equipment to produce more of the bacon essence and also incorporate it into different foods. Imagine, eating any food that you like and getting that true bacon flavor. No need to add bacon on that cheeseburger, just add my bacon essence and it is there. For Vegetarians, enjoy the flavor of bacon without the guilt or breaking of diet rules. Now there can be bacon for all.

11. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (05-Aug-14)

Thanks
    I'm going to visit 'Freddy Hirsch' in the next few days, but for experiment I was thinking of mixing bacon flavored cheese spread with yogurt just to see if a bowl of the stuff is not too much?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.