Thread: I need to know this - about credit card!

Suspended
    Thanks

I need to know this - about credit card!

There is something I would like to know before I apply for the credit card. There is a 4 digit code which we punch on the card reader. What happens if I don't punch the right code for three times? Will it be blocked? If yes then for how long?

Thanks
    I think what you mean is if you enter your PIN wrongly at the point of purchase? Correct it befor eyouhit ENTER. Of too late the transaction will be declined. Just try it again with the right PIN. Not sure what will happen if you enter it wrongly more often though. Wil probably be blocked and you need to have it unblocked at the bank or so. Ask your credit card provider, they wil tell you much better than we can do.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    I think what you mean is if you enter your PIN wrongly at the point of purchase? Correct it befor eyouhit ENTER. Of too late the transaction will be declined. Just try it again with the right PIN. Not sure what will happen if you enter it wrongly more often though. Wil probably be blocked and you need to have it unblocked at the bank or so. Ask your credit card provider, they wil tell you much better than we can do.
    Yep ..... Especially that u are in Canada and we are in SA ...l

Thanks
    .......Don't forget your password
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thank you everyone for the responses. I have a poor memory so that's why I was concerned about getting a credit card as it needs you to always remember PIN which I may forget. These PIN combo are hard to remember. I asked to change it on my preference which I can easily remember. They say I can use cash machine at the banks to get it changed. Hmm.. I'll see. Thank you again guys!

Thanks
    Hi Jimmie

If you can change your password then perhaps you should create a pattern by using the layout of the dial pad itself. So you start at a point by pressing the first number and the rest of the numbers follow in a pattern. Any shape will do, but for example L or U shapes or crisscrossing. Practice the pattern and you will remember it well.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

7. Thanks given for this post:

jimmiemenon (30-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Sorry, I did not read your post properly. But you can still use the pattern that your combination makes. You draw it out on a piece of paper and practice its pattern - over and over. Eventually you will remember it well.