Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreigners occupying local jobs?

Thanks
    We won’t be equal or free until the government removes its racist laws which are damaging to the country. White people are an asset to SA not the enemy. We should work together as equals. WE have the resources both in man and nature to compete internationally and kick ass. A stronger better run SA means we can feed the kids and teach them western business history – among many other subjects.

Pessimism does not lead to success. I refuse to be curtailed by negativity and fear, I am not waiting for anything. I approach the world analytically and positively engage.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Janchris - I was not going to comment, because of a previous thread you requested comments, but then blasted the comments out of the water, but nerveless ....... This is my opinion - some of it from a professional point of view and some not. Give me a Zimbabwian or Malawian anyday to work in the garden and/or do maintenance around the house etc etc - They are far less full of shit and actually want to work. As for other foreign people and qualified people - yes we should try to hire from within SA firstly and we as a company try and do this within our company, ...... BUT people in SA are full of shit - they have every excuse under the sun to either not want to work hard, or don't want to work long hours or want more money for less work or ................ the list goes on. And I have said it before - the people who give the most shit are young white boys between the ages of 20-30 .......... they expect to walk into a job and get it all (I have a son that age as well but he knows better). Therefore what happens out there is that companies start looking abroad because they can get better qualified people for less hassle and even less salary. It is time for people in SA to start working - stark knuckling down and get on with the job.

PS .... Just another little point you are prob not going to like - Over the last 20 years black people have bettered themselves, studied and quietly got on with it - this we forget and only some of us are waking up to this realization.

PPS ...... And before tec or anyone jumps on me and says Im talking crap because they are not like this -this is a majority thing we have found - it is 8 out of 10 people - NOT everyone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    We all say we must wait, things will get better. WHEN? Do we have to re-invent the wheel or would it not be progress if we can improve on it.
    Nothing gets better on its own. Things get better when you make them better. Those who wait, complain. Those who take (the right) action, celebrate.

The only people benefiting today in SA is in government.
    You are entitled to your opinion and I am sure you are just venting here, but this is factually incorrect. I benefit from living and working in South Africa and I do not work for or in government.

It is claimed that "ALL" are free now - are we really free??????? Are we not "ALL" worst off than before.
    I obviously can't speak for everyone else here, but I am definitely better off in the "new South Africa" than the "old South Africa". Don't get me wrong, we face many obvious challenges. But my market (local small business owners) has grown tremendously, in part due to the emergence of numerous black entrepreneurs. The amazing opportunity that I have to help South African entrepreneurs from all walks of life build sustainable businesses that will support their families, create jobs, and contribute to national socio-economic growth would have been greatly stifled under the old political regime.

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

4. Thank given for this post:

Citizen X (21-Aug-14), HR Solutions (28-Jul-14)

Thanks
    WE have the resources both in man and nature to compete internationally and kick ass.
    Well, many SAFers thought this towards the end of apartheid. Open the world, we'll show them.

Got clobbered into non-existence, didn't we? A rather rude awakening.

I assure you that, compared to SE Asia/Asia, SA is light-years behind in terms of many/most technologies. For instance, it is embarrassing to try & even compare China/Japan/Korea/Thailand with SA - embarrassing. SA now sits very low on the international competence scale.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    I agree that SA's performance is embarrassing, But we could be much stronger - Clearly. SA has not crumbled into pieces the way I bet you said it would for the last 20years. Things go wrong, constantly complaining about it and poisoning the well is even more embarrassing. Des, you about to complete a masters degree on how not to get high-jacked/screwed. That's an expensive, but valuable degree. Why now spend all that knowledge fixating on your bad experiences?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    we employ a white foreigner (who married a local husband) who is willing to work much harder than anyone else we've tried. For as long as were running a for-profit business, ill employ the person who gets the job done best as it translates to money.

regarding the comments re south Africa being a success or a failure: The very small private sector has carried this country, both its economically-inactive as well as its suspect public sector for 2 decades now. But until we achieve >6% growth per annum as a whole, we are all on a very short leash.

8. Thank given for this post:

desA (28-Jul-14), pmbguy (28-Jul-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    I assure you that, compared to SE Asia/Asia, SA is light-years behind in terms of many/most technologies. For instance, it is embarrassing to try & even compare China/Japan/Korea/Thailand with SA - embarrassing. SA now sits very low on the international competence scale.
    That not only goes for South Africa but for most other countries too. Be that as it may, we have choices, we choose to send our daughters to a good (non-private) school, we choose to educate them and ourselves, we choose to build our own business against all odds. I will not let circumstance dictate who we are. South Africans need to stop talking about how terrible the big picture is and start to concentrate on their own sphere of influence. Yes, the government are a bunch of useless idiots, yes there is BEE, yes jobs are being lots and and... we can sit and whine about it or each of us can create our own piece of heaven. The world is a $h1t place and lots of terrible things happen but you know, at the end of each day I am quite satisfied with my own life because I know that I put in everything that I have to accomplish my goals...and that is as much as there is to life!

10. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (28-Jul-14), Dave A (02-Aug-14), desA (29-Jul-14), Greig Whitton (28-Jul-14), HR Solutions (28-Jul-14)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes - it is really no use for anyone to bitch and complain about not finding a job in this country, because I have got news for them. There are PLENTY of jobs in SA ........ for those that are prepared to work for their salary and not rip the arse out of their employees. If you have the proper qualification that this country needs you will walk into a job. But if you sit at home and say ........... eish there is no work out there - !! - you have to go out there and find it.

In our business the most difficult part of recruitment is finding the right people, NOT finding specs for people that want work.

Thanks
    If the grass is greener on the other side....water your own.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    HR Solutions, I do not deny that black South Africans have studied and bettered themselves, that's great and it can only be to the county's advantage.

But, do we not require more qualified level minded people in the government or are we waiting for the likes of the EFF to take over power. I am not just complaining but do yourself a favour and speak to ex Zimbabweans who admitted that they also stuck there head in a hole and "waited" for things to get better. SA is a great place, but there is just so much going on that makes it bad in the eyes of the rest of the world. Our world ranking has gone down, car manufactures are closing plants and moving to the other countries. Like I said before, just look around you.

I am not a prophet of doom but if something hits you on the forehead and you still don't know what's going on, you need to re-asses.

Leon, you are referring to foreigners that are gardeners and maids and they are hard workers. Those persons will do anything to have a job because in his/her own country they are starving.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast