Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Sports that prove Americans are softies

Thanks
    I am into many sports, but Ruby is my favorite. I used to play cricket many years ago and I watch the 20/20's and the odd One-day every now and then. 5 Day cricket is too much for me, way too much waiting, I can’t handle it. I only really need to hear the score and watching it makes me fall asleep.

Cricket is not a contact sport. In that context, comparing it to baseball, it is clear that cricket is technically more challenging. Weenie features are observed in the soft-big-ball and gloves baseball developed. For these reasons they are softies. Sorry USA, +1.5 on the girly factor (Netball was a +5 on the girly factor so don’t feel too bad over this one).
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I am into many sports, but Ruby is my favorite. I used to play cricket many years ago and I watch the 20/20's and the odd One-day every now and then. 5 Day cricket is too much for me, way too much waiting, I can’t handle it. I only really need to hear the score and watching it makes me fall asleep.

Cricket is not a contact sport. In that context, comparing it to baseball, it is clear that cricket is technically more challenging. Weenie features are observed in the soft-big-ball and gloves baseball developed. For these reasons they are softies. Sorry USA, +1.5 on the girly factor (Netball was a +5 on the girly factor so don’t feel too bad over this one).
    I don't like rugby. It is not fluid enough. It is stop start stop start all the time. I enjoy good soccer, it is fast and fluid.

Thanks
    I like playing any sport, all sport, but watching it as often a different matter.

The guy who picked the ball up for the first time and ran with it was a very clever soccer player. Rugby is primal - you keeping an object safe from the enemy whilst fighting for it with vigor and physicality. When the Soccer World Cup came to SA I was a huge van and went nuts, watched all the games. Then really for the first time did I see how pervasive faking is, it totally put me off. It's so ubiquitous that I am sure it is a point of some consideration in actual training and strategy. So as much as I like playing soccer I wont watch it on tv
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12