Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealing cartridges

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    . Apparently management had determined that it was best to issue each staff member with their own paper and toner cartridges, which they would have to draw and sign for, and on occasions even account for.
    When I was in the navy a lot of consumables requisitioned had to be accompanied by the used item, so if you wanted a new paintbrush because the old one had no bristles left you had to turn in the old brush before they gave you a new one and if you wanted more paint you had to turn in the old paint tin first.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    That helps, but in that case people will just turn in their old private stuff...
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    That helps, but in that case people will just turn in their old private stuff...
    Not when it is company logo branded and accompanied by a serial number
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Silver Member
    Thanks
    When I started reading the original post here, I immediately thought of something that happened to us, and that it might have been related:

We owned a computer shop. Someone phoned one day to order a huge amount of toners, I think selling price was something like R150 000. We asked for a deposit, in order to be sure that we can order that many toners. He forwarded a very legit-looking EFT proof of payment. I instructed staff not to release any stock until I gave them permission to. The customer never pitched. I phoned ABSA after 2 days with the reference number of the payment, and they confirmed that it was not a legit reference number. I phoned the guy to tell him that the money is not in yet, trying not to sound suspicious. He just never phoned back.

On a second occassion, we also got a telephonic order for R90 000. The customer sent me a proof of payment for an eft, but in my bank account payment was shown as a cheque deposit. He asked me us to send it to him via Postnet. We reported the matter to the police in the area the toners would be delivered, and set-up a fictitious waybill along with Postnet. Police just told us that the crime didn't happen in Jhb, therefore it is not in their jurisdiction to do anything, and of course Postnet wasn't willing to take matters into their own hands. I ended up paying an outrageous fee for the cheque being cancelled.

In both cases, this might have been what the guys had in mind, selling the toners stating that they bought the wrong ones and making a fortune out of it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12