Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn this granny can't drive

Thanks

Damn this granny can't drive

So the other morning I come up to a traffic light behind another car. Soon after I stopped this car starts rolling back, I hooted and hooted but it just kept on coming, I could not reverse as there were cars behind me. Boomp the car bumps into mine at low speed, still hooting I could see that it was a grey haired granny who had no idea she was resting her car against mine. I open my door to get out, but the light changed green and off she went. At the next red light it was a double lane and I moved across, we were now parked side by side. Now was my opportunity, I though, to confront this lady not to shout or anything, but merely to make her aware of what she had done. So I looked over at her and hooted, I opened my window to try and talk to her. Suddenly she started going backwards again, she kept on going back for about 10m until she made contact with another car. I could see that she had no idea it happened, she kept on looking forward unfased by the hooting car behind her. The driver of that car got out and approached her window, he tried to get her attention but she just stared forward…shortly after the light turned green and off she went again. I was tempted to follow her but did not want to get bumped again and I knew there was not really any damage to my car, the driver of the other car did seem to follow her, whether he got her to stop is another story.

Shame I am not angry at this old lady, however she should not be driving at all. I mean she did not know she was going backwards and made two vender benders she was not even aware of.

I am not really an advocate of setting an age limit on drivers, however I feel that drivers over a certain age should be tested every 6 months for competency.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Sounds like movie material...too funny. But dangerous actually for her and all others out there.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That is why drivers have to get their licences renewed every 5 years.

A family member of age 80 was involved in an accident a while back. (She is very young and able for her age) She was the innocent party as an unlicenced driver sideswiped her.
    Only when the insurance refused to pay did we learn that her licence had expired 5 years ago. She was too afraid to have it renewed. Needless to say, she is no longer driving and has sold her car.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    But the renewing of a license every 5 years does not include a competency test, you just pay and the license gets renewed.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Eye tests are done but that is all!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Poor old lady is probably sick and tired of people bumping into the back of her.

7. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (17-Jul-14), Chrisjan B (17-Jul-14), Mike C (17-Jul-14), pmbguy (17-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Lets call that eye screening, eye tests for visual ability are far more complex.

I always pass the eye screening with flying colours (with one eye closed even I tend to claim). I recently went to a proper eye test and they diagnosed that I need reading glasses +1.5. Pretty harmless still but no eye screen would pick that up I am sure. Granted one does not have to read small stuff like a book while driving, but I am just trying to illustrate that the eye screening is probably only sifting out the half blind or worse.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Just imagine how many people she has bumped into. I witnessed her doing it twice in 5min, how many vender benders could she rack up in an hour or a day? Crazy shit!

Shame… I don't like granny bashing, but damn this granny is bad, bad grandma

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrandmaWithASilencer.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	4826
    Found her picture don't mess with her!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

11. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (18-Jul-14), Dave A (18-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Its uncanny, the granny in that picture looks exactly like bad grandma, the hair and glasses, the facial expression of "I don't give a fuck" The only difference is that bad grandma was driving a small red car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast