Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAMMER - Robbie Van Der Merwe <vdmrobbie@gmail.com>

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Its about getting over the negative thinking, lets you get on with your day, and allows you to still trust humanity.

It could very well be that the intention was to return the money, but he may not have the means to do so, or alternatively, he could not find the house in the daytime, or to be very dramatic, he died on the way to you with your money in his hand .
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I prefer to think that he died tragically saving a child from being run over. The money then flouted down a stream and was found by a homeless man that was about to commit suicide, he changed his mind thinking that God must be looking out for him. He intern started going to church. One day the church caught fire and he noticed it in time as he was given lodging in a outbuilding. The church was saved and ..........(Many more beautiful things)

I would probably also have been caught by his scam. I think that its good to help people even if it means you get screwed sometimes. But I would still be angry at the chap and pray that he gets syphilis - if indeed he was a scamster
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dragon (18-Jul-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Its about getting over the negative thinking, lets you get on with your day, and allows you to still trust humanity.

It could very well be that the intention was to return the money, but he may not have the means to do so, or alternatively, he could not find the house in the daytime, or to be very dramatic, he died on the way to you with your money in his hand .
    Exactly.

It's not that I want to sound like an old granny, it is that I do not wish to waste mental energy on being angry or dwelling on the subject. I knowingly took a risk and I lost...it's just like playing poker, you can't be sour with your opponents if you bet and lost, nobody forced you to.

The reason people feel terribly done in when they get scammed is because they feel stupid for getting duped. That feeling is expressed by making the other person look bad.

I suppose that I see things in an arse about face way because I see the ingenuity in the scams and how gullible we actually are. People lose millions because they get scammed by all sorts of business deals and investments, why, because of their own naivety. I got screwed over and screwed myself over so many times that I lost count long ago, but hey, it taught me not to gamble with money I can't afford to lose.

This is why I say f*ck it, I risked R400 and I lost it, I could have lost it playing poker, it's simply my own stupidity and my own gullibility.

Thanks
    "XYZ is a BIG ripoff !!!"

I do not have a problem with it as it was just an example. But if it appears all over google without context I wil have a problem with it.
    Last edited by Houses4Rent; 18-Jul-14 at 09:42 AM.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    I would not open my door/gate at 23h00 to a stranger. Was the alleged backkie and tower in sight?

What a cheek to come back for more. Why did he not simply sell some fish to pay the return trip?

When he said 'fish' you should have taken the cue that something is fishy...
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    I would not open my door/gate at 23h00 to a stranger. Was the alleged backkie and tower in sight?

What a cheek to come back for more. Why did he not simply sell some fish to pay the return trip?

When he said 'fish' you should have taken the cue that something is fishy...
    hmmm....interesting observations....

Thanks
    i think so.

Thanks
    HI
    Adrianh

yes that is exactly how i feel... so weary to trust, in this case i was a huge fool as i went souly on trust, and i can say that this would be the last i buy online... I am glad you now understand where i come from,

and the person that scammed you, sould you not agree that if you can help the next person avoid being scammed by that person you should warm ppl out there..?

Thanks
    perhaps but i am 100% sure it was a plain scammer.

and i am one of those people that would rather warn everyone so that they can save themselves where i did not.

since i do not do online banking, i did not know one should not do eft's to credit accounts...

owe;l lesson well learnt...

Thanks
    i think im more upset with myself, my stupidity allowed myself to trust him,

but yes, if i can prevent someone from getting scammed, that matters now,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast