Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Experienced & unemployed

Thanks
    Why don't you try something like Indiegogo raise money
    Then you can have total control over your product.
    There are lots of websites like this.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    I know, don't understand also. Maybe I have to wait some more and see if I can get an honest and sincere investor. I have now approached the international market and if the local guys don't want to support the project, it will be there loss. I know I have a winner, not only in SA but international.
    Approach the Dept of Economic Development. In KZN they have a grant program where they will assist in creating manufacturing jobs. Unfortunately it is restricted to businesses in KZN (unless you want to move and establish your factory here). I am sure there must be something similar in your province.

The only problem is that it takes almost a full year to get past the approval stage. After that there are lots of strings attached, but it is still a good option.
    We have qualified into the final stage, but time to market forced us to abandon the grant and rather opt for an investor who could add value to our business.

Sometimes you just cannot wait for the red tape if there is a product, ready to be sold.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Why don't you try something like Indiegogo raise money
    Then you can have total control over your product.
    There are lots of websites like this.
    Thanks, I will look into this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Approach the Dept of Economic Development. In KZN they have a grant program where they will assist in creating manufacturing jobs. Unfortunately it is restricted to businesses in KZN (unless you want to move and establish your factory here). I am sure there must be something similar in your province.

The only problem is that it takes almost a full year to get past the approval stage. After that there are lots of strings attached, but it is still a good option.
    We have qualified into the final stage, but time to market forced us to abandon the grant and rather opt for an investor who could add value to our business.

Sometimes you just cannot wait for the red tape if there is a product, ready to be sold.
    Thanks, I have scanned the government departments on the net and chatted to some guys, but it appears to be a long road and the road is not always "honest". I do not want to do something illegal and all the red tape is killing the entrepreneur. There must be someone or a group or an established manufacturing company that can assist. This will not result in a large cash layout for the company as they already have the equipment to manufacture the component I want to build.

Thanks
    Almost all grants programs are only available to established companies that have been trading for some time (not new startups or prospective entrepreneurs).

Jan, you may want to consider enterprise development funding. Some independent funds are willing to take on higher risk ventures, especially if it involves new technology or is expected to have a strong social impact.

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig Whitton View Post
    Almost all grants programs are only available to established companies that have been trading for some time (not new startups or prospective entrepreneurs).

Jan, you may want to consider enterprise development funding. Some independent funds are willing to take on higher risk ventures, especially if it involves new technology or is expected to have a strong social impact.
    Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234