Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Experienced & unemployed

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ok Adrian, will PM you with some info in the morning about the project. You can then pass it on and see what he says.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Great!

Thanks
    Guys, It is much easier to develop an idea or a working prototype if you have funds. What do you do if you have no funds bat actually built such an prototype that only cost about R20000 in the late 80's, that replaces a machine that costs millions. I have also build a powerless fridge. The interested parties want to know in detail how the machine works but I refuse to give them the info until they have signed an non-disclosure agreement.

Suspended
    Thanks
    The interested parties want to know in detail how the machine works but I refuse to give them the info until they have signed an non-disclosure agreement
    If they were really interested - why don't they sign the NON - disclosure agreement ? Its not as if THEY are not going to know how something works, its merely that they cant disclose to anyone else, but if they really wanted the product they would keep it in house and sign .......

So Im a little confused - I understand that you wont give them the info, but don't understand further ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    If they were really interested - why don't they sign the NON - disclosure agreement ? Its not as if THEY are not going to know how something works, its merely that they cant disclose to anyone else, but if they really wanted the product they would keep it in house and sign .......

So Im a little confused - I understand that you wont give them the info, but don't understand further ....
    Unfortunately not all interested parties have honest intentions. Maybe they would want all the details to fabricate the equipment themselves.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    Guys, It is much easier to develop an idea or a working prototype if you have funds. What do you do if you have no funds bat actually built such an prototype that only cost about R20000 in the late 80's, that replaces a machine that costs millions. I have also build a powerless fridge. The interested parties want to know in detail how the machine works but I refuse to give them the info until they have signed an non-disclosure agreement.
    An NDA as a pre-requisite is the minimum requirement. If they do not want to sign it, walk away and look for someone else.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Why not patent your inventions? Personally, I don't put a great deal of stock in NDAs.

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The reality of design and manufacture is that whatever you make, it will be copied and probably improved upon. The only way is to sell on fast and hard and to build a reputation for the business. There is practically nothing in this world that cannot used as a basis to build something new and better. The problem with patents is that they do not stop anybody from copying your product, they simply give you a tool that you can use in a court to try and enforce your rights. Patents mean absolutely nothing to the Chinese and little companies are also happy to copy and trade on the fringes. What will you do if you see a company making similar products to you, nothing much other than flap your wings and if you have the money then take them to court. Taking companies to court is simply a waste of time because you are simply unable to take each and every one of them to court.

The reason many ideas never materialize is because the inventor feels that he should get the largest part of the profits because he had the idea. No investor will give his money away for a tiny stake in a venture.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Unfortunately not all interested parties have honest intentions. Maybe they would want all the details to fabricate the equipment themselves.
    But even if they do that - you are asking for them to sign a non disclosure .......... nothing else ? !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    But even if they do that - you are asking for them to sign a non disclosure .......... nothing else ? !
    I know, don't understand also. Maybe I have to wait some more and see if I can get an honest and sincere investor. I have now approached the international market and if the local guys don't want to support the project, it will be there loss. I know I have a winner, not only in SA but international.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast