Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Experienced & unemployed

Thanks
    Adrian, you view, "idea" makes perfect sense and money could still be used as payment. It is just that the big corporations use it to dominate / control not only the market but individuals. The banks should "pay" us for using there services.

I have a brilliant product to manufacture & market but the potential investors/partners first want the product description. I will share the info once they have signed the non-disclosure agreement. There are unfortunately a lot of "weird" characters in this world.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    Hi, I have loaded my CV on all the job portal/websites. Some time ago I mentioned of being more qualified than the "senior" guy interviewing me, and that I got the feeling right away that I would not be successful because I am more qualified than him.

Adrian, makes perfect sense but money can be used as a form of payment only that we have become a society or of who is doing who.

OK good luck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    OK good luck.
    Thanks for the wishes but that's what they all say "Good Luck". It is not luck I want, I need a position where I can apply my trade.

4. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (05-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    Hi, I have been trying but not easy to get investors or partners. I designed and built a machine in the late 80's that takes soil samples and is self driven. I know it is a winner as I have never seen such a machine. Lot of requests to tell them more but I wont until an agreement is signed. It has huge export potential.
    It is a waste of time going through the traditional channels to raise finance for a new product or business. Best would be to build a prototype and to do a demo for the guys who manufactures or use this type of equipment. If necessary sell up to 50% of the rights to someone who can add value (not just an investor, but someone in that industry). Remember that 100% of nothing is still nothing.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Well Jan I have told u to do two things which would help your position tremendously and u have declined them so obviously all people can then say is good luck

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    It is a waste of time going through the traditional channels to raise finance for a new product or business. Best would be to build a prototype and to do a demo for the guys who manufactures or use this type of equipment. If necessary sell up to 50% of the rights to someone who can add value (not just an investor, but someone in that industry). Remember that 100% of nothing is still nothing.
    Done that and still been successful.

What I have noted, is that no one wants to be involved in the pain, they just want to participate in the profits, but investing as little as possible. In other words they want everything for almost nothing. On one or two occassions I actually asked these so called investors if there was a word "Doos" engraved on my forehead, as I may be an engineer but I understand business and finance.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There are a number of things that I have learned about investors:
    1. They want to get back a lot more than they put in - otherwise they may as well leave their money in the bank.
    2. You have to put your money where your mouth is - they will not invest in your idea unless you are willing to go balls to the wall yourself - You will have to put everything on the line yourself too (house, car and whatever else you have).
    3. They will not fund your lifestyle - they are there to invest in a product, not you salary, car, and holiday.
    4. They will give you just enough money as it is needed to keep you hungry for more.
    5. They primarily invest in people and not ideas. The reason being that the right person will be able to relentlessly drive viable ideas but the wrong person will simply not be able to drive any idea.
    6. They look for passion, drive, industry knowledge, a willingness to learn but also a willingness to work hand in hand with the investor.

...and after all of that you still need to be sure that your investor doesn't leave you out in the cold once the product starts making money. Nikola Tesla died pennyless yet the entire world relies on his inventions every second of every day. Yet Westinghouse, Edison and Marconi did very well riding on his coattails.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Done that and still been successful.
    Actually meant unsuccessful .
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    There are a number of things that I have learned about investors:
    1. They want to get back a lot more than they put in - otherwise they may as well leave their money in the bank.
    2. You have to put your money where your mouth is - they will not invest in your idea unless you are willing to go balls to the wall yourself - You will have to put everything on the line yourself too (house, car and whatever else you have).
    3. They will not fund your lifestyle - they are there to invest in a product, not you salary, car, and holiday.
    4. They will give you just enough money as it is needed to keep you hungry for more.
    5. They primarily invest in people and not ideas. The reason being that the right person will be able to relentlessly drive viable ideas but the wrong person will simply not be able to drive any idea.
    6. They look for passion, drive, industry knowledge, a willingness to learn but also a willingness to work hand in hand with the investor.

...and after all of that you still need to be sure that your investor doesn't leave you out in the cold once the product starts making money. Nikola Tesla died pennyless yet the entire world relies on his inventions every second of every day. Yet Westinghouse, Edison and Marconi did very well riding on his coattails.
    I have invested a substantial amount of time and own money, and driven to the point that a conceptual unit built with my own money, and a prototype built with another group of engineer/manufacturer with their money, but have not and still not able to draw any investors in. I reckon to date probably total investment of R1M. The group was successful only to patent in RSA as we did not have the funds to do world wide patent. Received a final letter from overseas patent attorneys, after investigation world wide, that we are successful in the uniqueness of our patent.

Every single home on the planet would make use of this unit, and more so that there is the threat of failure from not only ESKOM but other utility suppliers. The product can also be used in areas in which no infrastructure has been provided. Can be used by third world emerging markets and 1st world markets to reduce their tendency from a central source of supply.

The unit makes use of gas as a primary source of energy, and improves efficiency in the use there off. We are talking about the use of 60 to 70% return in energy usage from each liter of gas used, to supply cooking, heating, cooling and electrical generation.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Justloadit - If you are serious about getting real investment and you want to talk turkey I could introduce you to my brother. He has invested a fortune in my, and other businesses. Like I said, he invests primarily in people, ideas are secondary. The list of ventures he is involved in is mind boggling. As an aside, he is very influential and extremely well connected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast