Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for SA Technology Nuggets

Thanks

Searching for SA Technology Nuggets

I am looking for unique South African Technology Nuggets(R), which can be sold, or traded in the South East Asian marketplace.

South Africa went through a tremendous growth phase during the period 1975+ through to mid 1990's. During that time a number of rather unique local technologies were developed. For example, we had some unique heat-exchange technologies; were leaders in coal-to-fuel processing; leaders in gold mining - amongst, I'm sure, many others. I for one, was extremely proud to be a contributor during this period - & beyond.

We have recently begun a drive to find a home for some of these Technology Nuggets(R) in South East Asia.

Please make contact, per private mail if you own, or are involved in some of these technologies, & technologies you consider useful - for further discussion. All enquiries will be managed discretely, with all intellectual property managed carefully through leading IP attorneys in SA & SE Asia.

(Technology Nuggets(R) is a registered trademark)
    Last edited by desA; 21-Jun-14 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Have you found anything worthwhile?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Your website doesn't seem to have any data!

Thanks
    Hi Adrianh,

Have a few decent technologies to date - some will be added to our website, in due course, subject to client approval. Discrete dealings are our intention.

An example - one with a proud track record in SA, going back some 40 years. Its origins were from offshore, but the product benefited from a great deal of local input & development over its operating life in SA. In the end, the original developers hardly recognised the end product.

Am looking for others which can be further developed offshore, with potential sales offshore & possibly back into SA - at more realistic manufacturing prices. SE Asia has moved well past SA in many manufacturing aspects. We are leveraging these aspects.

The main issue in SA is that component prices are vastly overpriced due to low production volumes & antiquated manufacturing technologies / high labour prices / general lack of competitiveness. Putting the know-how in high-volume facilities outside SA, would be of interest. The SA know-how holders can then rejuvenate a number of their technologies.
    Last edited by desA; 22-Jun-14 at 08:10 AM.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have an idea that could potentially revolutionize the embroidery industry. The problem is to do it in such a way that I get to make a huge amount of money from it. Once it is out there then every single large embroidery machine manufacturer would climb into it. The idea could also be used on normal sewing machines as an add on.

Its one of those ideas that is not rocket science, it is merely combining seemingly disparate technologies. One would have to figure out how to get technology experts from one or two technologies to work on two aspects of the problem simultaneously.

Thanks
    Adrianh - we can discuss this further per e-mail. It's on my website. info@rarefiedtechnologies.com

A typical first step is to set up a Non-Disclosure Agreement between you & RareTech, so that you are protected during the exploration phase. We can then assess your concept & where you sit in relation to the idea's development.

In the regions we work in, Trade Secrets can be protected under IP legislation. This offers a level of protection not available in SA.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok, what do we have to lose. It is merely an idea right now that doesn't make any money but if we work together we could potentially make a hell of a lot of money. I am more than happy to go in together with you provided that we can get a decent agreement in place. I am also quite happy to fairly share whatever money we make.

Draw the agreement up and mail it to me...then we can get started.

Adrian_hill@mweb.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, funny, an observation only, I remember a thread a while back, where adrianh mentioned that he did not sign NDA's with clients that approached him with ideas.
    Interesting how this one is going to pan out.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    An NDA protects the idea-generator, in cases like this. To get into detailed discussions, without protection, opens the inventor to potential prejudice.

I've always applied a simple rule to my own innovations:
    If the client/interested party will not sign an NDA then they are either not serious about follow-through, or they are potential crooks - I then close the communication channel.

The first step should always be an NDA.

The times when I over-rode my rule & worked on trust, are the ones where I often came unstuck.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Justloadit - I said that I would never sign a non-disclosure agreement when a client comes to me with his idea without telling me up front what the idea is simply because I have too many ideas of my own which I would like to implement.

I did not say that I would not have a third party sign a non-disclosure agreement with me when I want to implement my own idea.

My reasoning is that I will rather not partake in another persons idea if there is any chance whatsoever of that idea limiting my own inventive pursuits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast