Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do success principle slogans work

Thanks

Positive is best...

I must say that hard times can realy get one down... or ..... hard times reveales a person's true caracter.

I think the latter response would be the one that a positive person would bring over their thoughts.

As Ive read through this thread I've noticed that more than one person said that we should have more than just positive thoughts. I agree, but all actions starts with a thought and all goals happen through actions.

I like to look at it backwards...
    I start with my goal. I then set that goal much higher for the simple reason that if you reach for the stars then your going to alteast reach the moon. The moon being my original target...

I then look at what actions will be needed to achieve this extended goal and more.

I then focus to allign my thoughts to motivate me to be able to take action and also deal with those stepping stones that life puts in our paths.
    My one favourite is: If I loose everything or times are bad, I can gain those things AGAIN, easier because i've done it before, and look back and laugh at how I thought that IT was such a big deal. That's living life!

I then go and build a base of people and systems that are stronger, better, more intellegent and more accomplished thatn me and let their GOOD habbits and thoughts rub off on me.

I then choose which are the people and things that holds me back and give minimal to no attention to it.

So, therefore People will alwyas compliment me on my carracter and if critticised I use that as a goal, staritng the process over again...

Today is the Day to live life, Tomorrow is there to look forward to..
    Carpe diem, all the way!

Gold Member
    Thanks
    This is a great thread for me! For years now I have been trying (it does get challenging) to live by the principles behind "The Secret" i.e The law of attraction.

As Duncan points out, sometimes without explanation life gets horribly tough. These I believe to be times of "resistance" - times when we are trying to force ourselves down a road where we are not meant to be.

The best analogy I can come up with is as follows:

Consider a thick rope similar to a mooring rope. The mooring rope consists of many thousands of strands. Tie approximately 5 knots in the mooring rope. Each knot represents a landmark in your life that will be there ,whether you like it or not. In my case I believe that each of these landmarks are tied to the REALLY important stuff - for example kids, spouse, fulfillment of life purpose etc, these I believe to be divine. You can choose any of the thousands of strands (paths) to reach your knots and reach them you will! How easy/difficult/slow/interesting the path to the knot is - that is the choice you will be making on a daily basis.

I believe it is true that we often choose the more challenging paths, because we have been either brainwashed to do so, or because it takes less mental work, or because........BUT it is not actually important why......what is liberating, is to know that there is ALWAYS another path available and choosing it is as easy as changing your mind.

I just sometimes delay making new choices for too long and during that period, I find life gets challenging and then on a specific morning at 11h34 I see a .......success slogan. Suddenly the slogan makes sense, even if it is the 42nd time I have seen it, suddenly the pupil (me) is ready to change paths and the teacher (anywhere, anyone, anything) automatically surfaces.

Invariably when I delay the decision to make a new choice, it is because I have lost site of my own original goal. So setting that goal, in my opinion makes my life easier.
    Last edited by Debbiedle; 05-Sep-07 at 06:19 PM.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123