Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do success principle slogans work

Thanks
    This struck a chord in me,

Perhaps people will think I’m too optimistic. But this is for certain: these things can’t be true if no one takes the chance of believing they’re true. Because if we don’t believe they are true, we won’t act as though they’re true. And if we don’t act as though they’re true, they can’t come true. That’s why realism does little but protect the status quo.

Being optimistic, on the other hand, is the most radical political act there is.

Read full blog post on No Impact Man
    We choose the reality that we live in — why not choose a better one?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    A moto that I lived by after hearing it years ago...

"A ship's captain needs to know which harbor they are sailing for,... else no wind is the right wind"

Something else I firmly believe in is doing the things I hate to do, first.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Hi Duncan And Chat master

I agree with every thing you say.

I can wideness for hours and hours on this topic.

It is all a bout principals and Laws of Nature like gravity what go up must
    go down.

And with words and thoughts the same if you speak negative you think
    and you will reap negative, so why don't we just do the opposite, with words
    you can talk your self into Hospital and with words you can talk your self in to
    a Milliner's States.

People talk them self in to poverty like the Afrikaners ( Arem maar geduldig of Ek is so arm soos 'n kerk muis) geeee!!!!! that is bad but 95% of the people dont understand the power of there words.The bad side of it all is that a lot people call them self believers or Christians But what they dint know is that it come out of the Bible and Proverbs is overflowing with this Principles, and then some of them tell you that it is "new age"( Nee man dit is woord prinsepils en dit staan in die Bybel).

Ek is nie n persoon wat uit 'n boek praat nie ek praat uit ondervinding so ek kan eerlike se dat ek die prinsepils toepas en dit werk.Ons het net al die jare oor dit gelees as ons die Bybel lees.Henry Ford en Einstein hulle het dit toe gepas en hulle het net die bybel gehad as maatstaf en dit het vir hulle gewerk, so as dit vir hulle werk moet dit ook vir ons werk.Henry Ford het gese "If you Think you can or if you think you cant you are Right".As jy in jou self glo volg die res van self want dan sal jy reg praat en reg dink.

Ek is eerder oor Optimisties as wat ek na omstandighede kyk wat my negatief kan maak.

Ek het altyd gewonder hoekom dit goed gaan met mense wat nie glo nie of nie (Christene) is nie tot ek die DVD "The Seccret" gekyk het toe maak dit vir my sin.Die rede is dat hulle die Beginsels toepas sonder dat hulle daarvan bewus is dat dit in die Bybel staan.Ek se altyd vir mense Daar staan nie voor op die Bybel "Als wat in die boek staan is net van toepassing op Christene en jammer as jy nie a christen is nie" .Nee dit wat daar in staan is van toepassing op elke mens of jy nou glo of nie as jy dit toepas sal jy die vrugte daar van plik of jy die Byble gelees het of nie .Net soos die wet van Grawetasie dit gebeer net "Automatic" jy kan mons nie se dat omdat jy nie in die wet van grawetasie glo nie jy nou van 'n hoe brug gaan afspring en jy sal nie val nie, nee jy val of jy in die wet glo of nie en net so met die prinsepils waar oor ons hier praat dit is op almal van toepassing.

"What You think is what you do what you do is what you say and what you say is what you think " that is the sirkel

"You Can If You If You Can" - Norman Vincent Peal-

Cant Wait to hear from you.
    Last edited by Theuns"; 17-Aug-07 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Gramer

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've had something of an extraordinary week. And as always at times like these I like to gently contemplate the events for perspective.

One of the things that struck me is that not all success principles are easily explained. I mean, how do you account for an expired lighter having such a significant effect on the course of events over the next 24 hours?

Admittedly, once my expired lighter, and the consequent quest for matches had placed me in the right place at the right time, it did take awareness to recognise the opportunity. But that is not the point in this.

In the midst of randomness, an expired lighter and another's thirst led the relevant parties, and the relevant parties only, being led to the same place at exactly the right time.

I attribute it to the Law of Attraction, but was it? And if it was, just how does that work?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Dave
    The morale of your story is that there is no such thing as an accidental happening or chance, everything happens for a reason and usually that reason is the one that you have created.
    Slogans are more a statement of intent, the intent of reaching a goal, once you have focussed on what it is that you would like to achieve, then you can start moving in the right direction.
    One thing that is often overlooked in my opinion is that as long as your intent comes from a position of integrity then you can move forward to achieve !!!

Cheers

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christob View Post
    One thing that is often overlooked in my opinion is that as long as your intent comes from a position of integrity then you can move forward to achieve !!!
    Thanks. That was the confirmation of a thought I was hesitant to express right there....

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hope it is not taken the wrong way...!?!?!?!

Thanks

Welkom

Hi ChristoB

First Things First I Just want to say Welcome to the Forum I am also new kid on the block here (Les Than a Month)

I just want to say there is real good members on this Forum and i like them all.

From your post reply on Dave's post i can see you think like i Think cos i totally agree what you say And it make good sens.

Regards
    Theuns

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christob View Post
    Hope it is not taken the wrong way...!?!?!?!
    I hope not

Where I'm coming from is basically - Integrity matters and does make a difference as to just how much that "seeming randomness" helps you. Hopefully that's what you were getting at too.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hundred percent !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast