Thread: Next step after passing Installation Rules

Thanks

Next step after passing Installation Rules

Rumours has it one needs to do Unit Standards, assessment somewhere in Gauteng or Durban before going to Department of Labour for application. Some say its only for advance installation. Can all this be TRUE? If so is the case, can someone please give me the addresses, telephone numbers or any info regarding this.

I went to ask about this at DOL and the guy never mentioned anything about these Standards. He only asked if I have passed P1/P2 and said I must bring my qualifications and results so we can apply for my license.

I'm really confused! If someone who has done this recently or who has prior knowledge about the whole process please tell me what's the next step after passing Installation Rules, I'd be grateful

Thanks
    Hi Reginald.

For you to obtain your registration as a installation electrician you will need to have the following qualification on hand. Trade test, N3 or Grade12 (Maths - Science- Trade Theory), P1 and P2 as well as your unit standards. this is the most common route taken by student but there's other way also.

please visit www.tdmi.co.za for more info regarding registration processes.

Regards
    Wynand

Thanks
    As a matter of fact, I have all the qualifications at hand, Section 13 qualified Electrician (Trade tested), N5 Trade theory, recently passed both Installation rules papers except for proof of Unit Standards.

Thank U for the web address. I had a good look onto it. I also looked at the wireman's requirements, and it seems I'm so close.

Just few more question though.
    1. Are the Unit Standards we do at Training centre prior writing Trade Test, accredited by SAQA?

2. I tried matching the ones on web address and ones I did for Installation course at Training Centre
    SAQA US ID 10253, SAQA US ID 10258, SAQA US ID 113879, SAQA US ID 10254 with no success. Referring on all my modules and books, I managed to find one Title on my Plant Exposure Portfolio with same Unit Standard Title "Test and Inspect three phase industrial/commercial installations." Can't all this be used as proof as prescribed by ESETA?