Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep clear of Digitalhousesa.

Thanks
    Sure they must know, but I doubt they have much interest to pursue this.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    The things actual people do to make money, from the charlatan pyramid scheme crowd, to the’ we'll sell you a nice camera,’ online bunch , to my personal favourites ‘the cast a spell,’ bunch...

You know I would even respect someone who tells me that they sell sweets and such other commodities on a very small scale but they actually a real business, but not this crowd
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    SO the bank knows where your money went to then.
    Certainly. I had to have their banking details to deposit into their account.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Knowing their address is great but the fact remains that their is nothing you can do other than complain and take them to court. We all know that taking people to court over such matters is a long and costly process. Who will go through the effort to take a guy to court over a R2K hifi on the off chance of getting their money back. He will simply plead poverty and agree to pay back R50 per month. You might argue that he has done this to 50 people but I cannot see you taking the guy to court on behalf of all his defrauded customers because the pay out would be bigger than what the small claims court can deal with and that you will have to take on a lot of legal admin & red tape to do so.

My personal opinion is that the only thing you can really do is to make as many people as possible aware of his antics and to learn that you don't part with your cash unless you are 99% sure that you will get your goods.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    mmmmm an interesting idea here. Have a Trust account in which the funds are deposited into, and when the goods are shipped, the money is transferred to the supplier.
    Using the Trust account, shows the supplier that the customer is willing to purchase the goods, and is sure that the money is available, and the customer is sure that his money is safe, in that if the supplier defaults, he will get his money back.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just stick to Paypal, or some other form of well-established payment gateway service. You effectively get similar protection.

Personally I'm increasingly wary of "online shops" that will only deal in EFTs.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    mmmmm an interesting idea here. Have a Trust account in which the funds are deposited into, and when the goods are shipped, the money is transferred to the supplier.
    Using the Trust account, shows the supplier that the customer is willing to purchase the goods, and is sure that the money is available, and the customer is sure that his money is safe, in that if the supplier defaults, he will get his money back.
    That's an Escrow account. It seems to be common practice in business outside SA and there are companies who offer Escrow services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12