Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LANDLORD MILKING ME DRY

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadness View Post
    The utility bill is in the name of the Landlord, According to the Landlord I should pay everything that appears on the bill. I pay for water, Electricity,Rates and Taxes, Pikitup and Sundry charges. I approached him again about same, he told me that all his tenants pay the total amount that appears on the bill, If I am not happy I must vacate his premises.
    If I were you I would say "Cheers, happy to have done business with you and you are free to sue me for whatever you think I owe you"

Thanks
    I can relate Sadness, we're being ripped off too, being charged for rates which is illegal, nothing gets fixed, our 'lease-holder's' nick-name is Hitler! Sadly just a horrible person, this caravan park is a beautiful place but just going to ruin as they charge such high prices that it is never ever full anymore. And can you believe that people who live in caravans pay more rental than the people who live in 'Plett homes'! Once a couple of people didn't pay the electricity increase so he cut their wires, the one person paid R700 to have to reconnected. I've never know such totally and absolutely first class incompetent, nasty people! I love it here and the only reason I want to move is because of these people. And now he's just got the lease again as no-one else tenders for it. Strange that he cries he's making a loss, but refuses to go, why because he coining it! I think I will go and see the rental tribunal, who knows it may help.

All the best with your dilemma.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12