Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADVICE PLEASE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

ADVICE PLEASE

Good Day

I am in possession of a vehicle that was sent to me by the owner for repairs. I have spent a very substantial amount of money on this vehicle, which is now in full running condition. I now have this vehicle for the past 10 months. I have been trying to get a hold of the owner for the past 6 months but have been unsuccessful. I contacted a family member of his, but was told that she does not want and involvment in this as she also has personal issues with him. I went to his home address only to find out that his property has been sold a few months ago. I spoke to his previous neighbour and was told by them that they are also trying to contact him but have had no success in doing so over the past few months. They also have a vehicle of his in their yard.
    what can i do as i need to very urgently recover the money that i have spent repairing the vehicle.

Thanks

Suspended
    Thanks
    I'm sure the legal boys will advise you, but I'm almost sure that you can advertise that you are selling the car to cover defray expenses.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I'm sure the legal boys will advise you, but I'm almost sure that you can advertise that you are selling the car to cover defray expenses.
    Thank you. WIll be seeing a lawyer today as i need to do this the legal way. In the meantime is just costing me more money!!

Thanks
    Wait until you see the fleecer (lawyer) - your problems will only get worse...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Spoke to the authorities. This is a HUGE process. Have already been to the SAP to make an affidavit. Now i have to go to court for the magistrate to grant a judgement against the client.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Was a quote or invoice signed?
    If so you could bring a provisional sentence application.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Email problem
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    Was a quote or invoice signed?
    If so you could bring a provisional sentence application.
    Unfortunately it was all done verbally. He did not sign a quote. Her personally asked me to work on his vehicle and I had it towed to my residence.....also on my cost.

All i just want is the money that i have spent as this has really put a HUGE whole in my pocket. Its such a complicated and stressful situation now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @nikisher, not trying to be sarcastic here, but have you learn't from this experience?
    The reason for this question, is that we as business owners have been in a situation similar to yours at some stage or other, and we develop strategies and policies to attempt to avoid these kind of occurrences, where you lay out your money to fulfill an order and have difficulty getting the money back.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    @nikisher, not trying to be sarcastic here, but have you learn't from this experience?
    The reason for this question, is that we as business owners have been in a situation similar to yours at some stage or other, and we develop strategies and policies to attempt to avoid these kind of occurrences, where you lay out your money to fulfill an order and have difficulty getting the money back.
    Believe me.......OH YES.........i have definately learnt.
    Going back to court again tomorow. At least i have proof of e-mails, faxes, texts and a calll register as proof that i did try contacting him NUMEROUS times.

Thanks
    Contact Julius & ask for his assistance. I trust you did vote for EFF...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast