Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elections

Thanks
    Nah... they a bit too soft down there...I will retire there though once I am infirm
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    The Poo Politics may appeal to the infirm...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So the election is now behind us. The majority of people are fed-up with the ANC, but they still voted for them!?? What does that say about our political maturity?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    The important thing is that a polarisation process has begun. The ANC's popularity peaked in 2004, it seems.

The EFF will pull the ANC from the left, towards populist policies. The DA will pull the ANC from the right, towards business & investment. This will begin to pull the ANC apart.

The next two elections will be very telling for SA. Right now, if I had a business here, I'd begin looking to move to the W.Cape.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    The majority of people are fed-up with the ANC, but they still voted for them!?? What does that say about our political maturity?
    There are fairly significant shifts behind those numbers, though.

I was listening to a discussion about British politics the other day, and given all the issues in play in their politics at the moment, I couldn't help but be struck by the thought that putting a cross in one box is an awfully simplistic way of trying to express your views across a multitude of issues.

And our electorate faces the same problem. You may support one party's position on one issue, and another party's position on another. So what do you do?
    You're pretty much forced to discount the side shows and go where you feel most comfortable overall.

Thanks
    Excellent comments, Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    And our electorate faces the same problem. You may support one party's position on one issue, and another party's position on another. So what do you do?
    You're pretty much forced to discount the side shows and go where you feel most comfortable overall.
    For the majority of the electorate in this country its pretty easy.

The main policy in play was .....do I choose a black party or a white party?
    The black guys had the choice - Malema or Zuma.

In the sa political forum on facebook and other reading during the run up, very little was discussed on actual party positions and policies. Every discussion came very quickly back to the black / white issue. There was a contingent of vengeful black racists calling the whities racists and other names and everything related back to apartheid. The majority of users were quiet either condoning the black sentiment or white guys too scared to piss the black guys off.

The problem seen in this environment appears to be that black guys idea of a debate is actually a position statement followed by a personal attack on the opposition. The white guys mostly offered timid thoughts trying to pussy foot around the issues trying to avoid an outburst of accusations of being called racists.

So the black guys could say whatever they wanted, which mostly included hate speech and racist remarks, while the white guys discussed the weather and were labelled racist for calling the cloud dark. All related back to the whites in the world of all ages being responsible for apartheid.

The maturity level and some real input into the policies and positions has a long way to go in this country.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The take on the black population is that only white people are racists, blacks can not be racists because in their mind racism is white towards black, and not the other way round.

It is time that the whites begin fighting back, or else they will be stamped into oblivion.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    The take on the black population is that only white people are racists, blacks can not be racists because in their mind racism is white towards black, and not the other way round.

It is time that the whites begin fighting back, or else they will be stamped into oblivion.
    So would I be 'Racist' if I called a guy a "Black Bigot", knowing he couldn't be racist because he isn't white?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Yes - for sure - you are racist even if you called him a black beauty knowing that he wasnt but he has just told you he thinks he is.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast