Thread: Hillcrest hospital

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Hillcrest hospital

We thought private hospital and it is new the facilities would be the best for a family member.

I don't know if this is just one of those unfortunate incidents or whether this is the way the hospital operates.

I was also under the impression that ICU would be a quiet calm where a person could recover from a hetic operation, seems we made a huge mistake.

The ICU is like Sanlam centre on Friday afternoon, there are signs which indicate no cellphones, the staff cellphones don't stop.

They person cannot move yet they dump the food 3 metres away and leave it, then come back an hour later and ask why they haven't eaten.

Last night the person had to endue a horrific incident where a bag of blood was put under her neck "too warm" the blood leaked all over the place leaving the person in a panic...with what seems to be an unqualified person carry out duties...

Let me stop here because I am extremely angry at the moment.

We are busy trying to make arrangements to move the person to a another hospital, but the persons condition is critical, so it might not be the best thing right now.

We have complained to management and hopefully something is going to be done, soon, next visit is going to be with a camera to start recording and maybe even get hold of the highway mail and get a reporter to investigate this fiasco.

I have spent many days in hospitals for myself and both my daughters have spent many days in ICU in other hospitals, never have I had to seen such a f^&*% joke of a hospital, especially ICU. It has become an absolute nightmare for the person.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The last sinus op that I had was done at Panorama Medi clinic in Cape Town. It was absolutely horrible and I wrote them a long vrot email detailing why I would rather stab myself in the eye than go to their establishment. They did respond to my complaints and hopefully did something about it. Private hospitals seem to medical aid milking machines used to make the owners and doctors wealthy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Private hospitals seem to medical aid milking machines used to make the owners and doctors wealthy.
    You are probably right, the medical aids can't profit from their services so they screw you at the private hospitals and take all you have there, that way they can say look we made no profit from their contributions but as I am a share holder at this or that private hospital or I have shares in Afrox I can make a profit and it is legal???
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    For elective surgery go to Thailand. Do some research on this.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    My step father had a small op there, just after it opened. The machine/apparatus broke down & he had to be transported to another hospital.

Apparently prices are astronomical.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Apparently they are doing an internal investigation, but I am told that the patient is delusional from the op so the patient is see and hearing things that are not actually happening, but they still cant account for the pint of blood.