Thread: Mmusi Maimane of the DA says

Thanks

Mmusi Maimane of the DA says

Mmusi Maimane of the DA says;

"Honest entrepreneurs battle to succeed because the spending power of government through tenders is available only to a select few."

and

"Then there is BEE, a policy capable of creating thousands of jobs in South Africa. But we don’t weight the scorecard to reward companies who actually create jobs. Instead the scorecard and a corrupt tender system favours the same individuals over and over again."

read it at http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opini.../#.U0J9T3aPp-I
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Slip Sliding Away...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Mmusi Maimane of the DA says;

"Honest entrepreneurs battle to succeed because the spending power of government through tenders is available only to a select few."

and

"Then there is BEE, a policy capable of creating thousands of jobs in South Africa. But we don’t weight the scorecard to reward companies who actually create jobs. Instead the scorecard and a corrupt tender system favours the same individuals over and over again."

read it at http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opini.../#.U0J9T3aPp-I
    That is very true.

We have started a manufacturing company which replaces imports and is creating local jobs. Within the next year or two we may also start exporting. Not only do we save revenue from going out the country by replacing imports with a local product, we also have the potential to export, which will generate revenue to South Africa.

We are already employing up to 20 people and are taking on new recruits as the business grows. Our staff are acquiring manufacturing skills and we also have an apprentice being trained in design and tool & die making.

We have not been able to raise one cent of government incentives or loans. As a result, our 51% BEE partner resigned, as he could no longer sustain himself without an income. We have since partnered with a listed company which is providing the funding for R&D and product development.

BEE has meant nothing for us or our BEE partner. No funding, no contracts, no tenders. That is reserved for the caders and the corrupt officials.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    no tenders. That is reserved for the caders and the corrupt officials.
    Thuli Madonsela must have been a cadre to be appointed to the position of PP, thats OK cause she does a decent job.
    Imagine if all the cadres were as honest, diligent, conscientious and unafraid to speak truth to power we would leap forward as a country.

Wishful thinking.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.