Hi, i've got quite a few cases where I was asked by clients to repair their equipment and then they never come back to collect and pay for it.

Some of these things are going back 2 years and are cluttering up my place.
I have one piece that came in 4 months ago and (as I've leaned from my mistakes) I've asked for a deposit of almost half. Since then, the guy just disappeared and his Cell isn't working anymore.

Most of these clients cannot even be contacted again and those whose contact info is correct keep on making vague promises of possible future repayment.
I've got one that is keeping me on a line for the past two years now. The value of his repaired item has depreciated so much I doubt I will be able to get half of my expenses back.

I'm thinking of having a sign made like:
All goods must be collected and payed in full within 3 months or they will be sold to defray costs.

So I guess what I want to ask is whether or not the "sign" above would work or is even legal etc.
Does someone perhaps have an example I can copy?

What is my next step, can I just sell these "voetstoots"
Is 3 months long enough, or should it be longer?

My other question is what do I do with stuff where a deposit was paid? Should I also just wait 3 months? Should I sell it for the full price and refund the deposit when the guy comes round again?

Thanks