Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bright Kid

Thanks

Bright Kid

Bright Kid in more ways than one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDtZ9TWGNc
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

2. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (02-Apr-14)

Thanks
    That was impressive! This kid is bright all right
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Excellent - I could not hear if he mentioned what battery or storage he is using.
    That seems to be the main headache - getting decent long life battery scenario to drive the unit.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There are good quality batteries out there, they are just no cheap. A lithium polymer is a prime example.
    I think the problem is that he needs too many hours of sunlight to charge the battery. There is really only 5 hours of usable sun per day if you do not get the azimuth right.
    Unfortunately the $10 selling price might be the breaking factor of the device. The poorest of the poor, the ones that really need this, live on a $1 a day, so effectively it means that they have to starve for 10 days to buy one. It ain't going to happen I tell you. Even units to be donated may pose a problem, as the price is too high.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I could not hear well, but I think he said $3 to produce, did not hear the selling price of $10
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I don't think that it is particularly clever nor innovative. Putting a solar panel, battery and an led in a tube is....uh...well...nothing much...putting that lot in a coke bottle is also...uh...well nothing much either

$10 = R150...in Africa...he's joking right. You can buy a garden led light from Game for R40 which includes a spike to stick it in the ground.

Nah, I think its crap. He says that it is sustainable in what way, none of the parts can be replaced by the user, once the battery runs out of its lifespan, what then? Affordable - he says he wants to keep the costs low but he is keeping prices high because he doesn't want Chinese knockoffs....

My personal opinion is that it ain't going anywhere except his basement!

Thanks
    $10 = R150

That would be 10 EURO's = R150
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok so at R10 = $1 it is still R100. I saw solar panel led garden lights at Buiders warehouse for R25 on Saturday. Those guys already have a fat mark-up.

I still think that this "brilliant" idea is not particularly bright....(pardon the pun)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Ok so at R10 = $1 it is still R100. I saw solar panel led garden lights at Buiders warehouse for R25 on Saturday. Those guys already have a fat mark-up.

I still think that this "brilliant" idea is not particularly bright....(pardon the pun)
    I would imagine that the idea was sound but the cost not so much, in my opinion of you consider a car. To build a car will cost you thousands if not hundreds of thousands to do. BUT if you automate, create a proper supply resource cost will drop thus making the product more affordable.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The product is crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.