Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bright Kid

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The product is crap.
    Then build and market something better.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ag ou tec0, I'm not getting into a p1$$1ng contest with you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ag ou tec0, I'm not getting into a p1$$1ng contest with you.
    Ag ou Adrianh you like to criticise others so i felt it is time you have a taste of your own medicine... See it is easy to pi$$ all over someone else's idea. Fact is you make plastic toys yourself and demand money for it so what is your problem with this kid? He tried something and that in my book counts a lot more then someone bitching about it.

But the key aspect here is you have the tools and the skill to build something like that and you don't???

Just saying the kid took a brave step and that is one more step then you...
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Tec0

What part of "play the ball and not the man" are you unable to understand? Numerous people have explained this concept to you multiple times yet it does not seem to sink in.

let me explain something to once and for all. Stay the f*ck out of my face, I will not engage you in any discussion whatsoever because I am tired of your personal attacks on everybody whom you disagree with.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Tec0

What part of "play the ball and not the man" are you unable to understand? Numerous people have explained this concept to you multiple times yet it does not seem to sink in.

let me explain something to once and for all. Stay the f*ck out of my face, I will not engage you in any discussion whatsoever because I am tired of your personal attacks on everybody whom you disagree with.
    Get use to our new relationship Adrian you have been pushing me for far too long. Your brashness, condescendence, insensitivity and sharp critic towards others is downright disgusting. Welcome to 2014 chapter two. I call it payback! And I will show you that Karma is a bitch!

So in other words NO. I am going to be in your face every step of the way.
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I hereby ask that AndyD or DaveA moderate tec0's postings. Many of us have had enough of his childish behaviour and the forum ticked over merrily until his reappearance.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this product. I think that at least the guy is trying to do something for the good of mankind.Hell,we need a few more people like this out there.

I have seen something similar to this,can't remember exactly where it was first made,but a fantastic idea and readily available to most.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...R-BOTTLE-BULB/
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23536914

This would be cheaper method during the day but the solar side would obviously help more at night,especially with kids having to do school work.I have had thoughts on maybe producing a prototype for the market but I have just got to much on my plate at the moment.

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (08-Apr-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that we are trying to solve the wrong problem. The problem is that we need to have visible light at night when there is no visible light available. The problem that we are trying to solve is how to store electrical energy efficiently. Although the are somewhat related they are separate issues.

Light:
    Maybe one should be looking at methods to convert other electromagnetic energy sources into light in real time by altering and amplifying their frequencies. Maybe one should figure ways to create bioluminescent light.

Electrical energy:
    Maybe one should put up arrays of radio antennas, down-convert their frequencies into useable energy and store that. Maybe one should develop a series of radio telescopes and concentrate their reception into usable energy. Maybe one could steal electrons off ionized air.

The point that I am trying to make is that using photons to drive electrons to store energy and the re-emit photons from that stored energy is a terribly inefficient process that eventually fails due to the fact that the chemicals that make up the solar panels and batteries are eventually unable to work efficiently.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roryf View Post
    I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this product. I think that at least the guy is trying to do something for the good of mankind.Hell,we need a few more people like this out there.

I have seen something similar to this,can't remember exactly where it was first made,but a fantastic idea and readily available to most.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...R-BOTTLE-BULB/
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23536914

This would be cheaper method during the day but the solar side would obviously help more at night,especially with kids having to do school work.I have had thoughts on maybe producing a prototype for the market but I have just got to much on my plate at the moment.
    I agree with you we need people that is willing to DO and this kid is a fine example of just that. His invention is cool in my books and I hope to see more such ideas and more innovation from our youth.

I say rock on
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I think its crap. He says that it is sustainable in what way, none of the parts can be replaced by the user, once the battery runs out of its lifespan, what then? Affordable - he says he wants to keep the costs low but he is keeping prices high because he doesn't want Chinese knockoffs....

My personal opinion is that it ain't going anywhere except his basement!
    To create something new takes time and money. Building something from the ground up means buying retail parts to do so, thus there is already an obstacle in its own right. Secondly the battery as we know it did improve over the years but it is still a very old invention and there is nothing “new” to take its place.

Considering how big the mobile phone market is and how much money they pump into development I am sure if there was something better then a battery they will find it and soon. These devices demands more power thanks to bigger processing power so eventually they will have to more towards researching the battery.

Electronic amplification is one thing but the principle of power remains the same.
    Last edited by Dave A; 08-Apr-14 at 08:30 PM.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.