Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got A SANRAL/e-toll Invoice what now?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Got A SANRAL/e-toll Invoice what now?

Apparently I got "snapped" while I was doing deliveries for my employer in Pretoria.

I did not open it yet, and was wondering what should I do now?

Apparently it is a criminal offence if you don't pay, cannot afford a criminal record, going to force my boss to pay it.

Funny thing is that the SYSTEM is not as of yet legitimized...and is still pending before the Supreme Court of Appeal on its "constitutionality"... WHICH Is also bothersome since constitutional matters should be heard by the Constitutional Court and not the Supreme Court of Appeal??!!!

Apparently they are SMSing people and sending them accounts to extort them into paying for a system that is not yet declared LEGIT.

CIVIL RESISTANCE against an unconstitutional system....read up on the link provided, that trade unions are also coming up in resistance thereof.

* criminal consequences when you don't pay your e-tolls............... how can it be criminal if there is no final verdict yet when it comes to the constitutionality of the legislation?

my uncle is paying my niece's e-toll accounts because he fears they are going to pull her over (being a white woman alone) and arrest her for her outstanding e-toll debts.....
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Have a look at OUTA website they spell out your options very clearly.
    e-tolls-to-tag-or-not-if-not-then-what
    As a lawyer you will be in a better position to advise us.

Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    my boss who is a LAWYER and has been for a very long time,

told me to throw it away,

after all you cannot force your employer to pay it.
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    what I find disturbing is that OUTA asks money to raise funds for doing the COURT CASE,

as if getting enough money from the PUBLIC is the main factor that will determine its success in fighting this.

this is a Constitutional issue and PEOPLE should be allowed to ADDRESS THE COURT freely in such cases.

and cases have to be taken up PRO BONO, if it has a huge effect on (and concerns) a moral certainty of society.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Have a look at OUTA website they spell out your options very clearly.
    e-tolls-to-tag-or-not-if-not-then-what
    As a lawyer you will be in a better position to advise us.

what are you doing?

are you paying yours if any?

Thanks
    If everybody chucks the bill in the bin and plays stupid then e-toll is dead. It only works and will work when we participate. If we cooperate not to cooperate then we got them by the short and curlies. We can make it all go away before they get a chance to pull us over.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

7. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    First off all,

these bodies (Appellants) in the case brought the ISSUE in the wrong COURT,

they should continue it in the CONSTITUTIONAL COURT.

COURT CASE SUMMARY

actual judgment on leave of appeal

whenever it is about constitutionality of legislation, the application should be brought in the CONSTITUTIONAL COURT not in the HIGH COURT.

just funny that no one told them that, not even the judges presiding in the high court...

wonder why?

is the COURT SYSTEM now screwing itself over?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Firstly OUTA needs money to fight the case, as they need to employ advocates. Many of them have done probono work, but you can not spend half a year fighting a case with no income.

Secondly I have not paid my invoices, as the moment you pay, you accept their terms and conditions.

Thirdly SANRAL has been lying to the public, by stating that it is a criminal offense if you do not pay, and attempting to fool the public with SMSs and in one case that I know phoning the user for money. Just shows you the caliber of people we are dealing with at SANRAL.
    The invoice is a civil case, and as such SANRAL must follow the same rules as any private company to get money out of a customer by issuing an invoice. It is gona cost them plenty of money to follow this route and also the courts will not be able to cope.

So hang onto the no payment route, we will beat them yet. It will take a good few months before it starts biting SANRAL. BE STRONG AND HOLD OUT
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

10. Thank given for this post:

IanF (18-Mar-14), KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
    what are you doing?

are you paying yours if any?
    I got a bill the other day and have ignored it. Lets see what happens.

12. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
    First off all,

these bodies (Appellants) in the case brought the ISSUE in the wrong COURT,

they should continue it in the CONSTITUTIONAL COURT.

COURT CASE SUMMARY

actual judgment on leave of appeal

whenever it is about constitutionality of legislation, the application should be brought in the CONSTITUTIONAL COURT not in the HIGH COURT.

just funny that no one told them that, not even the judges presiding in the high court...

wonder why?

is the COURT SYSTEM now screwing itself over?
    I thought for an issue to go to the constitutional court it had to be referred from a lower court first.

Is this not the case?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast