Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got A SANRAL/e-toll Invoice what now?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E tolls.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	4475

I never signed a contract with them and they are getting me into debt beyond my means. Thats reckless lending on their part.

2. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Just RTS the envelope 'Adressee unknown' then see what they do.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

4. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    I still fondly remember the first time I heard a sanral ad, something funny about using teleportation as an alternative to the highways. They were attempting to pacify future resistance because “hey its the only practical option” spiel.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

6. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (18-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Firstly OUTA needs money to fight the case, as they need to employ advocates. Many of them have done probono work, but you can not spend half a year fighting a case with no income.

Secondly I have not paid my invoices, as the moment you pay, you accept their terms and conditions.

Thirdly SANRAL has been lying to the public, by stating that it is a criminal offense if you do not pay, and attempting to fool the public with SMSs and in one case that I know phoning the user for money. Just shows you the caliber of people we are dealing with at SANRAL.
    The invoice is a civil case, and as such SANRAL must follow the same rules as any private company to get money out of a customer by issuing an invoice. It is gona cost them plenty of money to follow this route and also the courts will not be able to cope.

So hang onto the no payment route, we will beat them yet. It will take a good few months before it starts biting SANRAL. BE STRONG AND HOLD OUT
    yes it can be seen as civil when you agree to ENTER into a contract with them...

thing i have noticed is that on the day I went through the N1 toll route,

WHITE photographers were sitting there in front of the "loop of overhead cameras",

got me thinking,

so why should we pay for A SYSTEM that does NOT WORK?

when they have to get photographers to do it manually?
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I still fondly remember the first time I heard a sanral ad, something funny about using teleportation as an alternative to the highways. They were attempting to pacify future resistance because “hey its the only practical option” spiel.
    well let's hope this inspires engineers to make more useful technology that does not exploit humans/society,

they probably only did it because they had no other choice to feed their families too...

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post

Name:	E tolls.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	4475

I never signed a contract with them and they are getting me into debt beyond my means. Thats reckless lending on their part.
    yep, did we sign an IOU?

THEY would probably classify it as WE DID,

since we are subconsciously enjoying the benefits of a "social contract" we went on with the government

the moment we breathed air in this world, to get an ID,

and to start paying tax,

as part of being the cattle and bar coding we must accept it as our lot.

Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    I thought for an issue to go to the constitutional court it had to be referred from a lower court first.

Is this not the case?
    not always - read here interesting case law

we can see social upheaval perhaps as a matter of urgency no?
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In terms of section 167(4)(b), only the Constitutional Court may decide on the constitutionality of any parliamentary Bill

that means even after it was approved by parliament it is still liable for judicial screening on its constitutional validity.

Thanks
    On the outa facebook websit they all invoices are illegal.
    You can lodge a dispute on the outa website & outa will fight it for you free of charge
    facebook

Name:	Outa.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	4480

11. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (20-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Just RTS the envelope 'Adressee unknown' then see what they do.
    The problem is that they have made it a blank white envelope, with a return on the back of the envelope. It is very difficult to tell that it is a SANRAL letter until you have opened it. Again being devious, as they knoww the public would do just that.

However if you look very carefully with a strong light, the eToll emblem may be seen through the white envelope, ready to be turfed into the bin.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

13. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (20-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes14 View Post
    You can lodge a dispute on the outa website & outa will fight it for you free of charge
    facebook

True, however they will simply reissue the invoice correctly.

Same story with the traffic fines, it was illegal to simply send it by normal post, but now I am inconvenienced every time there is a speeding fine, because I now have to collect the registered letter at the post office during office hours during my work time. At the end of the day a traffic fine must be paid, irrespective of how you find out about it. Now it costs me more in time because of the registered letter collection. It has not stopped the traffic departments of placing cameras all over the show to collect income, what should have been done was fight the system of placing cameras all over the place, impeding free movement.

Whether the invoice is correct or not does not detract that they will persist until correct, and they could be one step closer to shutting the door.
    It is important to get the complete shambles thrown out, rather than picking at the petty things which are easily corrected.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

15. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (20-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes14 View Post
    facebook

YEAH GOT HARASSED VIA SMS TODAY TOO, to pay because today is the supposedly the last day for a possible discount on UNOWED MONIES

To ALL e-tagged and e-toll registered users of Sanral’s e-tolled roads
    If you are uncomfortable accepting the following then by all means continue to support Sanral's immoral and unscrupulous e-tolls and pay the price.
    Did you know that -
    >E-tagged users are in the minority by a factor of about 3:1
    >Sanral are contravening the Debt Collectors Act
    >Sanral are breaching the Council for Debt Collectors code of conduct
    >Sanral are contravening the Consumer Protection Act
    >Sanral are failing to protect users personal information entrusted to them
    >Sanral;s web site has been hacked a number of times and your personal information may have been compromised and can be used to prejudice you
    >Sanral have denied their web site data has been compromised and has failed to advise registered users who's personal information has been compromised, in fact, they are unable to determine which e-toll accounts have been compromised.
    >Sanral claim the e-toll legislation has been legally upheld in the courts, however, it has yet to pass Constitutional Court scrutiny
    >The South African Revenue Service will not accept e-toll invoices rendered by Sanral
    >It is virtually impossible for Sanral to prosecute all the users who fail to pay e-tolls. The courts are under immense pressure just handling day to day “normal” prosecutions let alone thousands of daily e-toll cases .
    >E-tagged users who fail or are unable to pay their e-toll within the prescribed time are, to all intent and purpose, classified as un-registered users and incur the same punitive penalties applied to unregistered users. The e-toll cap of R450 applies only to e-tagged users whose accounts are “up to date”
    >Sanral’s systems are plagued with billing errors, from cloned license plates, allocations to incorrect accounts to mis-calculation of the e-toll payable. As an e-tagged user you do not receive a detailed invoice unless you fail to pay within the grace period - the amount charged to your e-tagged account may well be incorrect.
    Join the swelling number of people opposed to Sanral’s e-toll extortion - take charge of your life and refuse to pay e-toll for using your roads. Use your roads freely, for FREE.
    All you need to do is stop paying Sanral and not succumb to their lies, bullying tactics and threats. Together we can ALL put an end to Sanral’s unilateral, immoral and unjust e-toll system.
    Internet links to broaden your mind. Join the e-toll revolution and shed your e-tag.
    OUTA - https://www.facebook.com/outasa
    Proudly e-Tag free - https://www.facebook.com/groups/proudly.etagfree/
    OUTA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast