Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DA Policies?

Thanks

DA Policies?

Somebody dropped off a pamphlet in my letterbox.
    Says Vote DA

Then says Through our policies we support:-
    • BEE
    • Sustainable Land Reform
    • Social Grants

Sounds like the ANC even EFF.

I thought they were the opposition. From this is seems they are just another gang doing and promising the same thing to all the sheeple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voting3.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	4471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vote rigged.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	4472  
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    DA looks good from a distance but when taking a closer look at it then you may see a lot of dirt, would say it's an advance form of late National Party

3. Thanks given for this post:

xcorporation (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    The DA has a problem in that they have to make compromises along the way to gain non-white votes and they suck anyway because all politicians are compromised. I think we should question the DA, but Question even more how shit it really is compared to the cANCer
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

5. Thanks given for this post:

xcorporation (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Basically DA was a strategy to win non-white votes because the National Party knew that they have no grounds to stand in the polls because of their oppressive system, hence they seduced non-whites into that form of National Party but what's the difference anyway because they always show their true colors when the polls are near by just like they did now.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I used to feel this way as well, until you see what they have done in Cape Town. The roads, the public transport, the cleanliness etc et. They have a function for example in Seapoint - a night race or cycle race - the place is spotless by the morning after the cleanup ! They are def doing something right down there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The decision is really, who is going to be the least corrupt, and at the very least leaving sufficient funds to actually use on social projects.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I used to feel this way as well, until you see what they have done in Cape Town. The roads, the public transport, the cleanliness etc et. They have a function for example in Seapoint - a night race or cycle race - the place is spotless by the morning after the cleanup ! They are def doing something right down there.
    Ok thats good service delivery and stuff I would expect as a rate payer. They are really doing a good job in this area.

but

This policy thing which says the same kak principles are in play as now, tells me that overall nothing will really change.
    So we will have a clean polished look but the engine is still dirty under the hood and headed for the same scrapyard.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No idea where dix got the idea of a connection between the Nats and the DA.
    Actually, the Nats joined the ANC.
    (Which probably explains a few things).

I'd love someone from the DA to explain their ideas on BEE (i.e. practically how they would implement/achieve it). What I've seen so far is pretty confusing.

To my mind the obvious potential of the DA to be different from the ANC lies in other areas though -
    No need to protect cronies from Arms Deal and other corruption related prosecutions
    No need to pander to the Communist Party and COSATU's economic theories in order to keep them in bed

The ANC is carting some serious luggage around at the moment. And it's not doing the country and ordinary electorate any favours.

Thanks
    The DA will obviously have a long term plan, so if they ever won an election I suspect they will keep bbbee as promised, but they will at least start to address some of its biggest flaws. In a second term they might amend bbbee appropriately.

I think that where we see DA and ANC policy overlap is often where the DA is simply pushing for votes, not necessarily reflecting true long term DA policy.

Most importantly, even if the DA after victory does not change a single ANC policy, they would still run the country 50% better.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Assuming a DA/alliance win .
    The communists will probably just be a fringe party in the end.
    I would think though that the trade unions/workers party could be a big thorn in the DA's side creating just as much if not more havoc than they do at present. The old ties to a defeated ANC could strengthen in their mutual defeat.

Increased jobs may save the day but cosatu and co do not seem to understand the economic benefit of a stable workforce.
    I am not sure if this has been addressed in any of the DA's policies.

So we seem to have an opposition (DA) that is trying to woo the masses by not having too many differing policies in that area, but it may be at the expense of the existing voter base and, business and international buy-in.

The whole scenario starts being a bit superficial, with no substance and real reform which this country really needs to get economic growth and grow wealth for all.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast