Thread: Incorrect customer captured on an invoice and wrong description on another invoice

Email problem
    Thanks

Incorrect customer captured on an invoice and wrong description on another invoice

Could you please assist in advising how do I go about making correction on the invoice that I captured and used incorrect customer.For example instead of Umgeni I captured Eskom.
    On the other invoice I selected incorrect description,both were captured on Pastel v11 and only realised after I printed the invoices.

Your assistance would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Issue a credit note with the exact same description, and make a new invoice for the correct customer and items. You can not delete the invoice, since a number has already been allocated into it, and is now part of the system. The credit note maintains the VAT correctly, and clears out the erroneous invoice.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Hi Sthembie. If you have not updated the Invoice yet you can make alterations. If, however, you have already updated it then follow the advice given by Justloadit.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks

Invoice captured incorrectly with another customer's name

Could you kindly assist I need to correct the 2 invoices that I have incorrectly captured.
    I used an incorrect customer when capturing an invoice,for example,I should have selected Eskom but instead I selected uMgeni as a customer.

On the second invoice I selected wrong description instead of ESK01,I selected ESK02.
    I realised after printing both invoices,could you please assist with instructions on how am I going to correct them.

Thanking you in advance

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thank you so so much and do I have to do the same on the other invoice that I had printed with incorrect description

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthembie View Post
    Thank you so so much and do I have to do the same on the other invoice that I had printed with incorrect description
    Yes Sthembie - that would be the right way to do it.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi, no I have not updated yet and would like to make alterations.
    Could you please advise on what should I do to get the invoices correctedm

Thanks a lot for your assistance,really much appreciated

Thanks
    Hi Sthembie - open your invoices and in the rectangle - top middle - (Number) - click on it and a little picture of a magnifying glass appears on the right of the rectangle.

Click on the magnifying glass icon and a list of all the Invoices that have not been updated will appear. Select the one you want to edit.

Once the Invoice has appeared on your screen, use your tab button move to the item that needs to be changed.

In the case of correcting the customer click on the magnifying glass icon at the right hand of that rectangle (top right) and select the correct customer from the list.

Make the corrections needed, then using your tab button make sure that you move onto the last blank line of your invoice. This ensures that your prices and other details are still correct.

Then click on "Next Document".

You may get some screens warning you that the Invoice has already been printed and asking if you want to continue. You may answer yes to those.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thank you,I will do it first thing in the morning and let you know.