I am in an interesting situation today. I call my friendly wholesaler to order a piece of equipment today, request a price and hear the same thing as everyone is saying...30 % increase in January due to rand dollar exchange rate, petrol price increase and now they have the etoll costing companies thousands of rands etc... etc ...etc...etc. Yeah ok so I understand all that, got stock yes we do cool I will collect shortly.

I collect the piece of equipment and this is what always blows my mind, not only is the piece of equipment designed and manufactured right here in SA but the manufacture date and test date is stamped on the equipment, 2007 which means the piece of equipment is "ALREADY 8 YEARS OLD". How would the one year warranty work should the company re label the product on the date of purchase.

The other problem I have is what if the customer gets another person in to do repairs and notes that the date on the equipment is 5 years before the store was built, would be a bit tricky trying to put in a warranty claim

The next time you purchase a photocell/ day night switch look at the dates generally they are sold a year after they are manufactured and have a 1 year warranty. The reason I always write the date installed on it.