Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clients calling 7 days a week

Thanks
    My new technician is working out great. He came in Tuesday Wednesday and today (coming in tomorrow). I inspected his work and it’s good, he is meticulous and pedantic. He did have some issues here and there, but still solved the problem. On the whole I am pleased.

My last marketing stuff is ready on Monday, on Tuesday I hit the road knowing I have somebody doing the work. I want to be seeing potential clients 4hours a day (mainly 8am-12pm), a realistic target I can stick to and maintain almost indefinitely. This also gives me time to inspect his work, finicky repairs, admin etc – maintain service standards.

I should have done this a year ago
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    All good moves carry this sentiment, the problem is that we never know till we try.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

3. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (28-Mar-14)

Thanks
    You charge triple on weekends! Or just say you'd really love to help but you're thousands of miles away from home, taking time out!

Thanks
    My new technician is working out great. He came in Tuesday Wednesday and today (coming in tomorrow). I inspected his work and it’s good, he is meticulous and pedantic. He did have some issues here and there, but still solved the problem. On the whole I am pleased.

My last marketing stuff is ready on Monday, on Tuesday I hit the road knowing I have somebody doing the work. I want to be seeing potential clients 4hours a day (mainly 8am-12pm), a realistic target I can stick to and maintain almost indefinitely. This also gives me time to inspect his work, finicky repairs, admin etc – maintain service standards.

Absolutely brilliant news, -
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

6. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (29-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Thanks Kim

Since I only start marketing next week I had nothing of real importance to do other than check his work now and then. I would sometimes spend too much time in the workshop backseat repairing, I am not used to somebody else doing all the work. I had enough time to train circus monkeys if I was so inclined. I Like it!

As for weekends, he will come in Saturday mornings when needed, this will free me up a bit. He will also get a key for the office to run things when I want to get away a bit. So clients calling 7days a week has become less of a weekend enjoyment obstacle.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Sounds like you've got it all sorted.
    There is nothing nicer than finding the right minion to help you take the business to the next level.

I look forward to seeing the pics of you at some tropical holiday destination next month
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    I look forward to seeing the pics of you at some tropical holiday destination next month
    Yeah right the closest I will get to a tropical holiday destination in the next few months is driving to Durban

Thanks
    Thanks for the Crim check HR...I am glad it’s clear

I am making some important changes to my marketing stuff/pricing etc, I am undercharging too much. Looks like I will only start marketing myself on Monday. In the mean time I have 2 girls handing out fliers.

My technician is busy clanging away in the workshop

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Crim check HR...I am glad it’s clear
    Pleasure Pmb ............its always good to hear and have the satisfaction of knowing that an employee hasn't committed a crime.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am making some important changes to my marketing stuff/pricing etc, I am undercharging too much. Looks like I will only start marketing myself on Monday. In the mean time I have 2 girls handing out fliers.

My technician is busy clanging away in the workshop
    Sounds like the really important change has already happened - the one in that area between the ears

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345