Thread: Escom doesn't care

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Escom doesn't care

Escom doesn’t care.
    I developed a solar house lighting system. I have been manufacturing Led lights for years and decide I want to make a house lighting system that works. The first problem was voltage drop with low voltage Dc, as I didn’t want to go the inverter root. 12V would have required a complete re wire of the houses lighting system with heavier gauge wire. I decided on 24V but no one made 24Vglobes for house application. I designed my own globes that fit in the standard house light socket and they are very bright. I also designed my controller with a backup power supply. I converted my house lighting to this system and it works very nice the lights are free and it’s not affected by load shedding I use my existing houses wiring and switches. I first approached the department of energy with my system and they referred me to Escom that told me its not Ac power and they don’t know much about Dc power. I invited them to come and have a look at my house for themselves and see how much saving it can bring but they were not interested. Government wants to build 216000 houses this year each Hop/RDP house has 4 lights imagine the saving if only those lights don’t consume any Escom power. I also contacted the Gauteng Government still waiting for a reply on a meeting. I also gone back to the department of energy requesting a meeting and ask them to include Escom in to this meeting, would like to hear from their side what the saving would be if all house lighting was solar powered. Or is it that they would not make money from it.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Butch Hannan (02-Apr-14)