Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Escom doesn't care

Thanks

Escom doesn't care

Escom doesn’t care.
    I developed a solar house lighting system. I have been manufacturing Led lights for years and decide I want to make a house lighting system that works. The first problem was voltage drop with low voltage Dc, as I didn’t want to go the inverter root. 12V would have required a complete re wire of the houses lighting system with heavier gauge wire. I decided on 24V but no one made 24Vglobes for house application. I designed my own globes that fit in the standard house light socket and they are very bright. I also designed my controller with a backup power supply. I converted my house lighting to this system and it works very nice the lights are free and it’s not affected by load shedding I use my existing houses wiring and switches. I first approached the department of energy with my system and they referred me to Escom that told me its not Ac power and they don’t know much about Dc power. I invited them to come and have a look at my house for themselves and see how much saving it can bring but they were not interested. Government wants to build 216000 houses this year each Hop/RDP house has 4 lights imagine the saving if only those lights don’t consume any Escom power. I also contacted the Gauteng Government still waiting for a reply on a meeting. I also gone back to the department of energy requesting a meeting and ask them to include Escom in to this meeting, would like to hear from their side what the saving would be if all house lighting was solar powered. Or is it that they would not make money from it.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Butch Hannan (02-Apr-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gombault View Post
    Or is it that they would not make money from it.
    Most probably.

That is what's the worst about any monopoly. They're unwilling to go with anything which might be better, especially if it means they might loose their strangle hold over their customers. It's nothing specific about Eskom, it's the same for ANY monopolistic organization - even including governments. If they don't have competition, they won't have incentive to provide better service / products.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

4. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (07-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @gombault,

I have already designed and developed an efficient LED module, 1W, 2W and 3W, which can work from 10.5 volts to 30V DC. The beauty of this design, is that no matter what the voltage is, it always draws the same amount of power! note Power, not amps. So for example, at 10V it draws 350mA from the source, at 20V it draws 175mA from the source, and the same lumens are maintained. The LEDs I use are 120Lumens per watt, and let me tell you that is bright.

These modules can be placed into any light fitting. I have not made these modules to have a bayonet or Phillip screw, as unbeknown to many consumers, they would purchase the "Lamps" and connect it into a mains socket. In fact there is a directive that states that certain globe holders are for certain voltages, specifically because of consumers and their lack of knowledge on the subject.

I have found from my experience, no one really gives a damn about you and your product, To make it out there, you have to knock on doors and sell the product yourself.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

6. Thanks given for this post:

newBix (07-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    no one really gives a damn about you and your product, To make it out there, you have to knock on doors and sell the product yourself.
    Or pay the correct backhand to the official that is specifying the electrical connections to the RDP houses.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Gombault & JustLoadit:

Why don't you folks each set up a full review of your developments & designs on a blog page. Keep the intellectual property tricks up your sleeve. I'd be very interested in knowing more. I'm sure a lot more folks would also find this very useful.

Things like costs, availability etc would be really useful.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Justloadit (07-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Haaaaa, the same old problem, time to make up the pamphlets.
    I have set my mind to try and make a pamphlet a week. I got as far as taking a pic, and cleaning it up. Just need to get it into word and start creating the features and benefits then specs. I have done a few on my website www.simplelights.co.za
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    iskom don't have money. The reality of this colossal cluster fuck is that our only power provider didn't do proper maintenance due to demand and there addiction to money. iskom wants all the greens in the bank so they made sure that no other company can come and build there own stations and sell power to the public. and then the crap hit the fan when shit start to fall a part and is close to be beyond repair.

iskom then figured ok how can we solve this? there answer an even bigger money pit called the NEW power station so now ishkom have withdrawal symptoms! they are cutting off anything they don't need so that they can feed the moneypit and themselves with money!
    love Life + take care of your body

Thanks
    By default eskom has the money. Its more a structural/administrative issue that gets our collective knickers in a twist. Eskom... more like the fuck we cant kom!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    I understand that the technology used on the new power stations is a special European specification, which allows creep flow in the piping. This has presented the contractors with enormous QA/QC problems, leading to a huge number of failed piping joints. Once operational, these power-stations will spend most of their life moving in & out of operation, due to this complication.

My first view was that this technology may not be an appropriate choice for an African application.

More troubles on the horizon, it seems.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    More troubles on the horizon, it seems.
    Do these characters know anything else?
    Management by crises - no forward thinking applied.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast