Thread: multiplug

Email problem
    Thanks

multiplug

anybody where in cape town i can buy a 10 way multiplug with a built in 16 amp circuit breaker. it is a steel/aluminium casing and is normally used for servers etc . i would mount it on the wall.

Thanks
    If we need big multiplugs we usually make our own up. You can get yourself a meter of aluminium trunking (or steel if price is a big issue), a couple of end-caps and buy the appropriate sockets you need and mount them in the trunking. You can use single tier trunking or taller split trunking as 2-tier depending on space available. This gives you more flexability to mount different types of sockets and space them appropriately for the equipment theyre supplying. There's no reason you wouldn't be able to install some din rail and fit an MCB or even DIN mount surge arrestors in the trunking as well if you need them. We've also done the same using a short length of aluminum power-pole which looked the part much better than trunking but it also worked out quite expensive with all the stupid bits and pieces you need to clip into it first.

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know of a supplier for an off the shelf 10-way I'm afraid.

Email problem
    Thanks
    thanks andy. i'll keep your ideas in mind,but i found one at first tech electrical to match the existing one. they sell the same stuff as cabstrut with some extras such as server cabinets etc.
    price was about R700 ex vat

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.