Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Scrap DSTV Anyone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    How does one cancel the DSTV subscription?

I logged onto my DSTV account and selected the option to disconnect my package (which only is effective when my next debit order is due) and then, for good measure, changed my payment method from debit order to cash, just in case they processed a debit order again.

Is that all I need to do?
    Neville
    Why not change to a R39 per month package then you can still watch SABC 123 and a few news channels.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    The only draw back here is that a number of the current and latest sitcoms and other shows can not be accessed by Netflix, because Multichoice has purchased the rights for RSA.
    That's why I've installed Smartflix, so that I can access the global content of Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I am not sure here but there may also be a block on live sport because again Multichoice has the monopoly for the RSA region.
    I agree - Supersport can only be accessed on DSTV. However, for major games, we will simply pop into the local pub and soak up the atmosphere. It's also possible to watch all the Supersport channels on live streaming on the official Supersport website, without an active DSTV subscription. I connect my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable and sit back and enjoy.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    It's also possible to watch all the Supersport channels on live streaming on the official Supersport website, without an active DSTV subscription. I connect my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable and sit back and enjoy.
    How do you manage that? I tried (supersport.com) and got the following message:
    Only DStv Premium customers with an active PVR can access live streaming online and on mobile devices.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosiv View Post
    How do you manage that? I tried (supersport.com) and got the following message:
    Only DStv Premium customers with an active PVR can access live streaming online and on mobile devices.
    You are correct, and I was mistaken!

Oh well - it's the pub then...
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Older Areas have major problems, the biggest of which is a digital internet line. In 2009 we asked Telkom to install digital lines and with people signing a request. Nothing came of it. In 2012 we wrote and phoned Telkom and nothing came of it. In 2015 we tried again and after 6 years of begging Telkom to install digital lines we gave up.

Many people do use WiFi but the uncap version cost between R1000 and R1700 per month. Some providers have a fair use policy that is anything but fair. To my surprise I found that many towns had the same problem. Telkom simply do not respond to any form of communication.

When I visited their main office, I was told that there was no plan to upgrade any lines across 3 towns. Only the new developments will have access to digital lines.

Considering data speed, internet access cost and hardware cost I don't feel it is worth the investment. Total cost will be R1700 for a good fast connection with no fair use policy. Hardware will add a cost of R4700 for the WiFi equipment and a monthly cost of R300 for insurance on the hardware to cover it against lightning and power dips. If you include the R300 with the R1700 you end up with R2000 per month. That is R24000 per year.

I will cancel my DSTV with their annual increase. R700 a month is already steep and going for the cheaper options is a waste. DSTV made sure that only the premium selection have the 4 channels I would like to watch.

I am not sure if DVDs are a option. I know ordering series and movies take several weeks.

I guess it is back to the stone age?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stoneage.JPG 
Views:	238 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	6126
    DISCLAIMER - The above does not constitute to legal advice or formal advice in any manner or form

Thanks
    Most people continue to make subscriptions for DStv because of the sport channels. Otherwise, cheap video streaming platforms such as Netflix are providing latest series and movies at very cheap price. Multichoice should step up its game by lowering its subscription charges.

Email problem
    Thanks
    THe only thing that keeps most dstv users is supersport, without that they would really be in trouble with the like of netflix, itv and some other online sites. We dropped dstv about a year ago and I honestly dont miss it except for supersport, however we have a login from a friend to watch the rugby when its on. Its almost hit sabc status. Repeats every four hours fofr mothns o end on most channels. Rubbish.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456