Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar - SA's OJ case

Suspended
    Thanks
    yet she went to sleep after hearing the screaming and 4 shots.
    Going to sleep, so easily, seems to fly in the face of her trauma and how impactful the events were.
    Yes this does seem a bit weird. We do live in SA and I have also heard shots fired at night, sometimes you cannot figure out how far away it was, and you do go back to sleep, because of our environment, But if you think about it, if you heard "screaming" first, then gunshots, I would certainly go out and investigate !! - I would definitely phone security / and or the police, because if you hear these two together there is certainly something wrong.

2. Thank given for this post:

Mike C (04-Mar-14), pmbguy (04-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Just to touch on the panic button thing. If I was armed and I notice an intruder in the house who has not seen me yet I would not push the panic button because I would lose the element of surprise, I want the initiative. Either letting them come to me whilst I remain hidden (Ambush) or seek them out actively-carefully, perhaps a do a Chuck Norris. But I recon at some point I would still push the panic button, even just to get the security and cops to the right house.

The defence’s main strategy must surely be that his condition caused him to have an abnormal fear of intruders – a disability induced obsession even. This is totally plausible. From very young he has had this fear etc, family/friends testify to that ect.

I think he is a volatile violent man, who after a protracted argument took out his pistol cocked it and said “fuct this!”

@Oscar - If you Really thought she was an intruder...then I wish you the best of luck boet.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

4. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (04-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Thing is if you are that fearful why do you want to do a Chuck Norris?
    love Life + take care of your body

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newBix View Post
    Thing is if you are that fearful why do you want to do a Chuck Norris?
    That paragraph pertains to how I would respond when armed. Me not Oscar. I would potentially, given ideal conditions, open a can of Chuck. Technically you can’t actually do a Chuck though, because let’s be honest Chuck Norris can’t be copied. Man cannot impersonate a God.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Fear may actually make some people do a Chuck Norris, given the right situation. Fear does not automatically mean one remains passive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Fear may actually make some people do a Chuck Norris, given the right situation. Fear does not automatically mean one remains passive.
    Ok you think there is someone in your house you wip out your big ass gun. Now you walk bravely to where this criminal is steeling your toilet seat. You pull the trigger hitting who ever behind the door. Now if it was me behind the door being shot at I would scream surrender I would piss myself I would take dump in my undies.

Here is what is said. The first shot was followed by a pause! Now don't you think that the person that was hit by a bullet would have screamed or something in that few seconds? I mean if you ever hurt yourself you know that "OOOOOOOOoouch!!!!" is instantaneous

Here is my biggest question, why was the door locked? We know it was locked because he had to break the door down. There is just 2 people in the house they are sleeping together and she locks the door when using the toilet?

Lastly that lawyer was not nice with the first witness he had ZERO compassion...

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Some people do lock the door.
    Advocate has a job to do, and he has his back against the wall.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

10. Thanks given for this post:

newBix (04-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Looks like little to do with justice, & a lot to do with theatre... so incredibly sad.

In Asia, Pistorius would be dead by now, in all likelihood.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

12. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (04-Mar-14), newBix (04-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    Some people do lock the door.
    Advocate has a job to do, and he has his back against the wall.
    he pointed out today that it seems as the statements was copies of each other. if i was this dude i would see who was responsible for taking the statements then i would group the statements and look for similarities.

then i will take the similarities represent them to the court and argue that something must have taken place for those similarities to occur then ask the Judge to make a ruling if they will still accept the statements or reject them.

if there is enough similarities then they have to ask why right?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	michelle-burger.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	4443

Irresistible!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast