Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar - SA's OJ case

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newBix View Post
    I am watching this myself and I wonder who is on trial right now I am thinking the witness...?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of being a witness.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, she handled well.
    The interpreter on the other hand must be from the same company as the Mandela funeral interpreter.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Why is the witness attacked in this way? Do these people have no shame? Surely the judge should set some guidelines?

I mean, why on earth would someone willingly put themselves through all that - in the name of justice?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    I think they want to discredit the witnesses I also think that her statement might be too long. It is hard to remember every word very sentence. My lawyer always said "keep it short keep it simple" I will add to this. Don't use big words...
    love Life + take care of your body

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Why is the witness attacked in this way? Do these people have no shame? Surely the judge should set some guidelines?
    It being a murder trial, I doubt the judge (or anyone else for that matter) will want any stone left unturned.

The stakes are high.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    It being a murder trial, I doubt the judge (or anyone else for that matter) will want any stone left unturned.

The stakes are high.
    I think this will teach South Africans not to get involved or become a witness. I mean he asked the same question over and over again just the get the witness to say something else so that he could use it against her. I mean he even used the translator against the witness what type of creep does that? He tried to twist every word around he got corrected at some stage where it was pointed out he actually twisted the facts. Yes he apologised but in the end he only apologised because of the objection made otherwise he would just have carried on.

Oscar's legal team will play the witnesses against each other like he did today.

Thanks
    I also thought that she handled her testimony very well (the parts that I heard). I might have missed something, but after her statement I was wanting to ask why she didn't phone the police after the (incorrect) security firm hung up on her husband. It was, after all, such a traumatic event that she even feared someone was shot ...
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    On a similar vein, she claims to have been traumatised and it was dramatic, yet she went to sleep after hearing the screaming and 4 shots.
    Going to sleep, so easily, seems to fly in the face of her trauma and how impactful the events were.
    Last edited by sterne.law@gmail.com; 04-Mar-14 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I also thought that she handled her testimony very well (the parts that I heard). I might have missed something, but after her statement I was wanting to ask why she didn't phone the police after the (incorrect) security firm hung up on her husband. It was, after all, such a traumatic event that she even feared someone was shot ...
    phoning the police will not help because they didn't know at that stage what house was "robbed" or who was in trouble. And you can't expect the police to go from door to door. That said I am more interested in this. Normally when you have a security system in your house it comes with panic buttons. So why not press the button set of the alarm? If he really was "that fearful" of an attacker... Then surely his alarm system had to have panic buttons I mean everyone that owns a alarm system and is with a security company knows where the panic buttons are. it is the first thing they show you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    On a similar vein, she claims to have been traumatised and it was dramatic, yet she went to sleep after hearing the screaming and 4 shots.
    Going to sleep, so easily, seems to fly in the face of her trauma and how impactful the events were.
    She did say she was grieving "sorrowful" because someone close to her lost a child. Now it can be that she was simply exhausted before this event happened. It is possible.

but the seal clubbing will continue today. I really don't want to be her.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast