Thread: Which is the best cellphone application for samsung galaxy for faster mobile facebook?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Which is the best cellphone application for samsung galaxy for faster mobile facebook?

I tried

*fast facebook
    *faster facebook
    *something about a panda
    etc...

they all seem equally as slow as the original cellphone application for facebook.

any suggestions, for other applications?
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    How about a faster internet or wifi connection?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Get an I phone

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eina26 View Post
    How about a faster internet or wifi connection?
    Yep, all those apps are simply web-pages. So if it's "slow" it means there's your connection is slow.

My Galaxy Note 2 is plenty fast enough for the facebook app. It's even fast enough to view 3d drawings using any of these AutoDesk apps: http://www.autodesk.com/mobile-apps
    And those are probably the most intensive apps you can possibly get hold of. So a simple web page is next to nothing for a mobile phone, even on my 4 year old MotoMileston2 the facebook app runs very smooth indeed.

So I'm also guessing it's to do with your connection.

1. Where are you situated?
    2. Do you have at least 3G speed (1MB/s minimum)? If 2G/EDGE then expect ssssllllllloooooooowwwwwww stuff.
    3. What "Galaxy" - they're already at the 4th version (of normal phones - not talking about Notes & Tablets), the first one is quite old by now and would probably not handle some of the newer apps.

If you can't get a better connection, then you can try the text-only app: https://apps.facebook.com/textonly/

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Get an I phone
    Like that's going to help with faster downloads of a web page!
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Suspended
    Thanks
    Like that's going to help with faster downloads of a web page!
    Well its a good start ............ Get a good tool, then get a good internet connection ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Well its a good start ............ Get a good tool, then get a good internet connection ....
    The sentiment I can agree with. The brand unfortunately we have to agree to disagree.

I've just had this happen to my mother. She's just replaced her iPhone with the "new" 5s. The other day she was phoning me and every minute the call cut off, she/me had to then phone again to re-establish the call. After some time we figured out that her ear was pressing against the "red button" on the screen - which the iPhone (unlike the Galaxy) doesn't disable when you have it next to your head for talking. Anyhow, after she then kept it away from her ear (which meant I then had to shout) we could finally finish the 10 min conversation (you know how mothers are).

Strange ... googling it seems there's another reason for this: http://www.techyduck.com/apple/iphon...ropping-calls/
    I.e. like per all Windows installations: when in doubt reboot! Not with my Galaxy Note, I think the last time it was turned off was about 5 months ago - when I was on a flight from CT. It's still running like the clappers and don't drop calls when connecting to phones which actually work as phones.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Suspended
    Thanks
    After some time we figured out that her ear was pressing against the "red button" on the screen - which the iPhone (unlike the Galaxy) doesn't disable when you have it next to your head for talking.
    inerb - I cant talk for the latest Iphone (but Im sure it does), I just checked my iphone 5 and when you hold it up to talk it goes black and disables until you take it away from your ear, so perhaps it is a default setting .... but anyway I don't want to hijack Kat's thread.