Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAT201 CORRECTIONS

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I spoke to SARS via my client yesterday as they were in a meeting at SARS icw this and several other issues they're having (that thankfully have nothing to do with me). I asked whether they should submit a request for a correction of the VAT return 2013/08 - she answered 'no'. So I asked if I should pass credit notes for the invoice processed in August 2013 and re-enter the invoices in the current VAT period and she said 'no'. So I asked what it was I should do and she said 'adjust the next VAT return'; so I asked whether she meant I should do a manual adjustment to the next return and she answered 'no'.
    So I've learned two things, SARS (in my humble opinion) doesn't know what they're talking about and her favourite word is 'no'.

2. Thanks given for this post:

CLIVE-TRIANGLE (28-Feb-14)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I guess she meant cook it, which is what I would have done anyway.

Thanks
    Speak of the devil.........

I just received two VAT217's (notice of assessment) for the two periods that sars stuffed up in 2011.
    One has big amount due the other one big amount they owe me.
    Net effect per the two forms from two periods is R589 - per efiling account maintenance section, I owe R91.67. Go figure.

This is how they reversed penalties and interest from the one vat return period. It should have been a simple one line journal entry that has turned into a 10 page document.

I have no idea where the R91 comes from, (or any of their numbers - suspect interest on interest) neither does the guy on the help desk.

Net result - Paid the R91 and he assures me all has gone away. I asked about the two assessment forms I just received - ignore that he says just pay the net amount.
    A simple problem of nearly three years in the making with huge lost man hours has ended.
    It started because of a mis-allocation of adjustments and bad advise from them and they still screwed me out of R91.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12