Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CIPRO annual return

Thanks
    They don't make it easy - I put in all the info required and still get the following validation errors :

Before saving or submitting, please ensure that all surnames or enterprise names (juristic persons) are at least completed.
    A person with no names or surname exist, please correct.
    Please supply first names for (person of unknown type) with name: .
    Please supply the status for (person of unknown type) with name: .
    Supply a valid 13 digit id number for (person of unknown type) with name: .
    Please supply a date of birth for (person of unknown type) with name:
    Please supply a residential address for (person of unknown type) with name: .
    Please supply a residential address postal code for (person of unknown type) with name: .

Thanks
    I am getting the same results - validation errors and now unable to link my payment to my return. Very strange and round about way of controlling this process. Have tried on and off over the past month without success and today the annual duty link does not even work.

I phoned in and was told they are having problems but nothing could be gleaned further than that.

Do you think that having paid the amount and having a copy of the unvalidated return is acceptable proof of payment or are we going to see a host of deregistrations as they carry on with the process of generally confusing the world around themselves? Is there another way to make sure they do not assume the worst and take one out of their system as at the moment they must have thousands in a suspense account awaiting tie up to a return?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    ...are we going to see a host of deregistrations...
    Common sense would suggest that CIPRO should not deregister and rather list the company as not in good standing.

I'm aware of one company that hadn't filed an annual return for 7 years. Apparently it can't be deregistered because it owns property. That didn't stop CIPRO from trying to deregister the company anyway, but they promptly reinstated the company when the property ownership issue was pointed out.

Of course there were penalties to be paid... but life went on.

Thanks
    Ah....common sense....cipro.........mmmmm.........I dont know about that.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    I must say that the most recent return went without too much hassle.
    One thing............make sure you have enough credit with them before attempting the return. I find that using my credit card works best, no waiting for faxes to go through and confirmations etc.

Further.........in so far as the "errors" are concerned when submitting, just go back to the form and the info requested will be coloured in ( in some cases you have to double click to open a further page )and you only have to give info on the ones with asterisk.
    Good luck !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    CIPRO no longer accepts credit cards You have to do a direct deposit or EFT and then wait for the funds to be credited to your "virtual" account. Goodness only knows how long that is going to take if their website is anything to go by.

The CIPRO website is operating at a crawl at best - mostly it simply chucks you out due to excessive server load. And then the telephone number you're supposed to fax your payment confirmation to doesn't take faxes

It really makes a mockery of CIPRO's quality statement.

Continuous improvement When it comes to service levels they're going backwards.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And now total collapse...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cipro-crash.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1287

Two days to submit an annual return and counting

Gold Member
    Thanks
    But hang on Dave, they clearly say that you should not wait until the last minute of the month to submit returns as their servers can then not take the volume of traffic.

Oh dear, hang on, its the middle of the month and their servers still can't handle it.

These clowns are just incompetent. You have my sympathy. I hope you manage to catch their servers up soon.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got it done eventually - late on a Friday afternoon. I guess one trick to get the job done reasonably painlessly is to transact out of regular office hours.

What irks me now is that quality statement. This is an ISO 9001 organisation and reading back on this thread it's clear this server load problem has been around for a long time. You'd think they'd have had a shot at improving the situation by now.

Just in my struggles and looking at the problem from the outside, I identified two areas where they could massively reduce server load very easily:
    • reduce the file sizes of their information documents, and
    • store those files in a directory filing system rather than in the database.

There are single page pdf information files which are over 500kB, and they're clearly stored in a database (and probably cached, tying up memory resources too)!

Clearly there has been no attempt at optimisation - this is the first place any webby type would look for quick, easy options to ease server load.

Thanks
    I am trying to lodge my annual return for my CC but for some odd reason i cannot access the "Lodge CC Annual Return" When i click on this tab it takes me to a blank page....any ideas?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast