Thread: VAT difference between supplier Invoice and Pastel Partner payment calculation

Email problem
    Thanks

VAT difference between supplier Invoice and Pastel Partner payment calculation

Greetings,

I have just started using Pastel Parner V12 and cannot find an efficient solution in the normal payment cash book process to manage the following situation :-

1. Some supplier invoices calculate VAT per item and the VAT total is then not equivalent to 14% of the supplier invoice total (e.g.Telkom Invoice total is R765.26 & shows VAT as R93.96 the 14% Pastel Calc is R93.98. A Car hire Invoice = total R6,657.23 & shows VAT as R817.57 the 14% Pastel Calc is R817.55)

2. VAT on Invoices for airline tickets is not equivalent to 14% of the Invoice total as some items are not subject to VAT & the Invoice merely shows the total VAT amount included in the Invoice. e.g.(Airline Invoice = total R9,607.00 & VAT shown as R862.10 the Pastel VAT Calc = R1179.81

I could previously merely manually edit / correct the amount of VAT calculated by my in house system if it differed from the VAT shown on the supplier Invoice . This meant that the Input VAT claimed was the same as that shown on the Supplier Invoice if I was called upon by SARS to present same.

How do I manage this situation in Pastel ? Is there a way to access the calculated VAT amount (a VAT code which allows manual input would be useful) or do I have to split the payment entry into two ... one which achieves the correct 14% VAT calculation and the balance as a non-vat payment?

I am obviously missing something as I cannot seriously believe that this is the only way to handle this situation

Looking forward to an easy solution

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Kenj,

We have the same problem when it comes to duties and VAT on the goods imported.

The solution is to set your "Tax Type" to "00 - Tax Type Zero" and then include an additional line at the bottom of your invoice. Choose your VAT GL account, select Tax Type "6 - Vat Adjustment (100%)" and manually type in your VAT amount.

I am using Pastel 11, so your may be slightly different.

Good Luck,
    Herman

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Herman,

Thanks for the response.

I was hoping for a "magic bullet" but I suppose it is what it is

Thanks again

Ken