Greetings,

I have just started using Pastel Parner V12 and cannot find an efficient solution in the normal payment cash book process to manage the following situation :-

1. Some supplier invoices calculate VAT per item and the VAT total is then not equivalent to 14% of the supplier invoice total (e.g.Telkom Invoice total is R765.26 & shows VAT as R93.96 the 14% Pastel Calc is R93.98. A Car hire Invoice = total R6,657.23 & shows VAT as R817.57 the 14% Pastel Calc is R817.55)

2. VAT on Invoices for airline tickets is not equivalent to 14% of the Invoice total as some items are not subject to VAT & the Invoice merely shows the total VAT amount included in the Invoice. e.g.(Airline Invoice = total R9,607.00 & VAT shown as R862.10 the Pastel VAT Calc = R1179.81

I could previously merely manually edit / correct the amount of VAT calculated by my in house system if it differed from the VAT shown on the supplier Invoice . This meant that the Input VAT claimed was the same as that shown on the Supplier Invoice if I was called upon by SARS to present same.

How do I manage this situation in Pastel ? Is there a way to access the calculated VAT amount (a VAT code which allows manual input would be useful) or do I have to split the payment entry into two ... one which achieves the correct 14% VAT calculation and the balance as a non-vat payment?

I am obviously missing something as I cannot seriously believe that this is the only way to handle this situation

Looking forward to an easy solution