Thread: SARS changes

Thanks

SARS changes

Hi
    I would like to know if anyone has any info regarding the changes that SARS are planning to introduce on 22 Feb.
    We have heard, from various SARS employees and the media, that there will be only one registration number (this will cover VAT, IT, PAYE)... and that all taxes must be merged to one e-filing profile. (at the moment we have one profile for VAT & PAYE and one for IT)... and then some of our clients have their own profiles for VAT/PAYE etc.

Then yesterday when we went to SARS they said that on 22 Feb they are also introducing the "online" application system where one would apply for VAT registration & PAYE registration ect. online via e-filing. No more practitioner unit appointments.

Is there anyone that knows more about this?

Why can't SARS communicate their proposals to us before they go-ahead and change stuff overnight. Like with the debit pull chaos.
    And the SARS employees must also be trained on the new systems... wonder when this will happen, as yesterday they said that they heard about the new stuff, and that it's rolling out on 22 Feb, but they don't know anything else...

Thanks.
    always fear when Christel is near....

Thanks
    I don't know anything about the above changes, I do however know that from March 2015 there will now be fringe benefit tax on the company contributions to pension funds.
    SARS don't have money and are nailing everybody the best they can.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Elijah (11-Feb-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not much help on these future changes you're referring to either, but I've just discovered a SARS change when in comes to getting tax clearance certificates.

When it comes to making an application for a tax clearance certificate via eFiling, only the profile registered to make submissions on income tax may apply. If you do not have submission permissions on the income tax number associated with the entity, you will get an error message.

(This is a change since I last applied for a tax clearance in November 2013, when there was no such restriction in place).

Bloody irritating, and cause for concern as to what might be the unintended consequences of a single registration across the various tax types suggested as imminent by the o.p.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another change relating to the tax clearance certificate. Only the legal name appears. The trading name field has been dropped.

Thanks
    Ok.. so the ball is starting to roll on Friday, 9th. I just hope it's not gonna cause any confusion on e-filing... with all the emp501's, VAT's for this month etc.. I really don't like their timing.
    always fear when Christel is near....