Thread: Pastel and Property Rental Business

Thanks

Pastel and Property Rental Business

Hi,

I have been using Pastel Xpress (still on 11) for a number of years to do the accounting for my Property Rental business. I still do my monthly tenant invoicing in excel and then recapture in Pastel. The excel method is very quick because not much changes on the invoices from month to month. I just copy over the prior month excel files, change a few items, print to pdf and email. As the business grows and the number of tenants increase, this method is needing some efficiency review - specifically I want to avoid having to recapture the invoices in Pastel and do the entire end to end process in one place. Is it possible to setup template/recurring invoices in Pastel that you just edit each month and process? Or is there a Property Rental type Addon to Pastel that would cater for my scenario?

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Thanks
    Hi Wayne,

Pastel Partner has a recurring invoice function, which will allow you do exactly what you have described.

Although Pastel Xpress does not have the recurring invoices feature, there is a work-around.

You could initially capture the entire range of invoices as a batch and then export it as a CSV file. When you need to process the next month's batch of invoices, you can open the CSV file in Excel, do the necessary editing, such as period numbers and dates (and values where required), and then import the CSV file into a new invoice batch. The only hassle with this method is that there are certain fields that contain data with leading zeroes, which get dropped off when you open the CSV file in Excel.

If you would like to consider upgrading to Partner V12, let me know what your existing Xpress V11 base serial number is, and I will send you a quote.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thanks Neville, appreciate the advice. I would like to upgrade and will email you my details.